We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Fethiye Square

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
New Fethiye Square

Can anyone tell me the directions to get to the new square with the fountains.

I normally get off the bus from Ovacik and visit the fruit and veg/fish markets then head straight down from there to the harbour.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Fethiye Square

If you are down at the harbour i.e. at the back of Migros with the sea in front of you walk to the right and you will come to the new Park

Also, would advise a walk around Paspatur (the old town) which is really interesting.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Fethiye Square

Thanks for that FJ we will definitely give it a visit, yes your right about the old town area we always go there every year on our visit to Fethiye.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Fethiye Square

If you are down at the new square call into the Cafe Park Teras for a drink. It over looks the park and gives you panoramic views of the area. Walk to the Chemist which is next to the car park at the park and take the lift to the fourth floor. The Cafe takes up the whole of the roof. Here is a little piece about it from the excellent "Turkey's For Life" turkeysforlife.com/2012/08/fethiye-terrace-b…

Edited: 9:41 am, June 15, 2013
Bradford
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Fethiye Square

I really like this new square - some nice topiary and good hard landscaping - the bars by the sea at the bottom of the park have great views too

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Fethiye Square

Agreed. the restaurants around and near the park have great views out across the water. . I would advise a trip in the lift at the Cafe Park Teras to take in the panoramic views of the area which are breathtaking.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
833 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Fethiye Square

Hi

do you go into the chemist to get the lift?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Fethiye Square

No, the lift is just at the side of the Chemists opposite the car park.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
356 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Fethiye Square

Thanks for the mention FJ.

We've just put together a little timelapse video of the Fethiye views from up at Cafe Park Teras actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrnRGxB-AQ8

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Fethiye Square

Thanks for that folks it's lovely. I just think the views up at this bar are terrific and the breeze is very refreshing.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Fethiye Square

Hi FJ

I have put a visit down to the Cafe Park Teras. If i travel there from where we are staying opposite the turkish delight shop via dolmus would i get of at the stop in Fethiye then walk down to the harbour to find the chemist?? or would i get of before i get to the centre of Fethiye at the start of the new marina area where there is a childrens park??

I ve lost my bearings.

We travel on July 22nd so im sure once weve been there a couple of days my bearings will come back.

Hope your well

x

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye