We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

We love the UK and love chatting up Britts - do Americans ever visit Fethiye? yes, we are from the US & will be in delightful Fethiye towards the end of the month. Funny, but I don't see many folks from the US on the Fethiye tripadvisor. Must be a well kept secret! Cheers!

gloucester
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

I have met quite a few americans over the last few years in the Fethiye area. All of different age groups to.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Very few on TA - there are the odd question or three that crops up but not many.

But there are a good amount of US visitors, most I have spoken to have sailed here on their own, have also met a few younger pack packer ones, and a few doing the major take a long time off holiday.....

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,850 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

I think a lot of Americans take the well worn route of touristy places in Turkey so, Istanbul, Ephesus, Pamukkale and of course the Gulet Cruise. Also I think it's the American way to pack in as many places as they can in a week or two, so one day one place.

The adventurous Americians spread their wings and come to Fethiye and stay a while. then realised just what the rest of their countrymen are missing. We have met a few Americans in Fethiye, most who were on cruise ships but some who have ventured off the tourist trail and found somewhere different. So glad you are coming to Fethiye, however, remember it's our secret just how wonderful this area is.

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>adventurous American living in Fethiye.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

ooops sorry Tara - forgot the obvious one.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,850 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Spread the word Tara....

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Thanks everyone. I guess we are the rare US couple who want to spend a week in the Fethiye area and down on the harbour for a brilliant vacation. We love to chill, relax, meet folks, hike and enjoy life. Looking forward to Fethiye in 2 weeks! Cheers

San Francisco
Level Contributor
325 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Young American couple coming to Fethiye and kas beginning of June!

Dan

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

I think you will find many north american travellers tend to visit various places in Turkey and spend a few days in each place travelling around rather than spending a week or 2 just in one area. and I would imagine it is due to the fact that it is a long way to travel from the US to Turkey and many people only have 2 or 3 weeks to spend here in Turkey and want to see many sites rather than just one or 2 places.

British and european travellers tend to visit one area and make their holidays there as the flights to Turkey are just over 4 hrs

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do Americans ever visit Fethiye?

Come and say hello to me in Oludeniz!

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye