We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Impressions Of Calis Beach Area !

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
First Impressions Of Calis Beach Area !

When we first went to Calis Beach, we found it lovely, it was a such laid back resort, with its lovely promenade full of different restaurants, which ranged from Turkish, English, Chinese & Italian cuisine.

The resort has lovely sunsets where you can sit in one of the restaurants, have a meal or drink, looking onto a shingle beach.

There is a main street off the front where you can find restaurants & shops, the people always making you welcome to their establishments.

You can catch a water taxi at the canal bridge, that takes you into Fethiye a working town, you pull into the harbour, which you find lined with restaurant / bars, with a array of boats at quay.

The down side of Calis beach is the council have neglected the back streets, off the front & behind the main street, which is littered with rubbish & buiders rubble, which is a eyesore to the area. Tourists have to walk past the rubbish, when walking from their hotels, in fact one hotel, The Golden Moon overlooks all of this, which is not a good advert for Calis Beach.

The council is doing a lot of work in Fethiye around the harbour to bring in tourists, but I find as a constant traveller to Calis Beach, not enough is being done there, a place is as good as it looks, & now how Calis Beach is looking is letting it down.

A lot of ex-pats have property in this area, & on paying their rates should have a shout to the council to clean up the area, in fact the local Calis beach forum even mentioned at the beginning of the year, to me action not words are needed, they has rate payers ought to get up a petition to the council for the area to be cleaned up, they live there most of the year, we has tourists visit 1 to 2 times a year.

Tourists vote with their feet, if the standards are not kept up, people will venture else where in our great World. !

Yorkie !

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Impressions Of Calis Beach Area !

After having a few pms regarding my opening topic, to which some people agree with me,& others asking about the resort, & no one disagreeing with me, it seems it best to always state the truth, & not try to cover things over. !

Yorkie !

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Impressions Of Calis Beach Area !

As the 2013 season is in full swing has anything changed...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298031-i1222-k5…

Edited: 7:01 am, July 23, 2013
3. Re: First Impressions Of Calis Beach Area !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye