We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knitting Wool

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Knitting Wool

A lot of knitting wool is produced in Turkey, therefore I reckon there must be a wool shop in Fethiye - anyone know one.?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Knitting Wool

Think you would be best to try the Istanbul Forum for information. Istanbul is a long way from Fethiye.

Gocek is a tourist/yachting village so I doubt you will get knitting wool there unless they have it at the Sunday Market. It's also about 40 minutes drive to Fethiye.

Good luck.

Edited: 5:39 am, January 27, 2014
Kayakoy, Turkey
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Knitting Wool

There are several shops in Fethiye, selling wool and other knitting paraphernalia, in the vicinity of the everyday (fish) market. I am not a knitter but there seems to be a wide selection of yarns, wools and other knitting products. Friends of mine who knit seem to be happy enough with what's on offer. I don't think it would be necessary for you to look as far as Istanbul.

Edited: 2:15 am, January 28, 2014
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Knitting Wool

Jakatay, The O.P. already has the information about Fethiye where she plans to visit. This information was given at the beginning of the thread. I was answering a question from the new poster, Karin J on this thread .. See posts 9 and 10 she IS going to Istanbul. It's best to read the whole thread to get the bigger picture. This is probably why it is better for new posters to start new threads so confusion is not caused.

Edited: 4:22 am, January 28, 2014
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Knitting Wool

There is a lovely haberdashery shop on 4 floors in Main Street in Antalya. I bought multi DK for my granddaughter for 2.75lira a ball. I am going back on another tour next year so will go back.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Knitting Wool

This is good news for knitters, but Antalya is a long way from Fethye so, I would suggest you put this on the Antalya Forum.

This is a link that Forum, so you can post there.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297962-i772-Ant…

Edited: 2:33 pm, March 26, 2014
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Knitting Wool

Do you know if there are any shops in olu deniz that sell wool?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Knitting Wool

Probably best to put this question on the Oludeniz Forum here on T.A. I am sure someone will help you.

I have visited Oludeniz but cannot say I have seen knitting wool anywhere.

18. Re: Knitting Wool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 23, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye