We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
money

can anyone advise me please on what we should take with us money wise mainly sterling or Turkish money

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: money

You get a better exchange rate in resort so most people take about 100 £ worth of lira to see them through the first day then change Stirling into lira as and when.

Simon

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: money

thank you very much for your quick reply, its going to be our first time to turkey in may, how many lira do you get to a pound, many thanks Rachael

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: money

Hi Rachael

It's roughly 2.7 Lira to the £ at the mo. I'm sure you will love Turkey and return to the area many times.

Enjoy Simon

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: money

Thank you for that info, yes really looking forward to it. Rachael

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money

Also be aware that most places display goods in euros, so be careful of the exchange rate offered by the by the shop keeper etc when reverting to Turkish Lira,

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money

Where abouts are you going Rachael, let us know & we can then perhaps advise a place for changing currency.

Its best to take a little Turkish currency with you, to cover first day, then sterling, I don't advise taking Euro's, it 's silly changing pounds to euro's,to change into Turkish lira.

Don't forget to put a £10 note in each passport for visa entry. Have a look at the top right of this page, you will see Top Questions about Fethiye, I compiled a list in the " Planning your holiday, & holiday tips ". To which other T/A's have added to, this will give you a insight to your holiday requirements.

Have a good holiday, any other queries just ask away. !

Yorkie !

gloucester
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: money

Rachel

All above is excellant advice. Check on right of page for frequently asked questions "Fethiye Exchange Rates" it gives a very good up to date exchange rate.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: money

Hi Rachel, It's probably only in the Tuana where you are staying that prices will be quoted in Euros. It seems lots of these AI Resorts put their prices in Euros. Once in Fethiye or other places in the area prices will be in Lira as it's the currency used in Turkey.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: money

Most hotels that we go in have different world currencies, that the hotel will exchange for the country you are visiting, so in this case it being Turkish lira.

Normal exchange notice boards will show, £ sterling, Euro's, American dollars & perhaps a few more currencies, in the hotel. Some hotels do give a decent rate, but my advice check the hotels exchange rate, then go out & check other places, such as banks & jewellers etc, then you will get the best exchange for your money.

Yorkie !

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: money

FJ Oykun hotel has always shown Euro's on their board, along with £ sterling, U.S. dollars etc, has same has other hotels we have been in, the boards show the exchange rate of Turkish lira to all different currencies. Don't forget we do get other EEC members who go to Turkey, so they will show the Euro on the hotel boards.

Even the jewellers show euros on the boards outside their shops, has we know they stopped Onur jeweller having his own board on his knee, with his exchange to £ sterling. !

But I got a great deal off him last year, exchange went down a little, but I persuaded him to give the higher rate again, that I had the first week. !

Yorkie !

Edited: 3:58 pm, April 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye