We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer to turkey

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
first timer to turkey

hello

we are off to stay at the Ece saray hotel in august ,and as this is a first ever visit to turkey I always do a little research via TA before we go.

Can any one tell me the following please,

How to get to the restaurant SHAKA from our hotel.

How to get to the old part of town also .

And last question any other restaurants recommendations would we great ,we like nice food ,with a view.

i have looked at the restaurant thread but it does not mention distance from the hotel and we would perfer a restaurant within walking distance.

many thanks in advance

PS what a brill forum

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timer to turkey

You can easily walk to Shaka. Just walk around the harbour front, keeping the water on your left and you come to it eventually. It's a 20 minute stroll.

Paspatur, the old town, is just 5 minutes walk. Once you've passed the harbour entrance, the buildings on your right form the boundary.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timer to turkey

Hi there maisysmum

Have an oggle at FFs wonderful map to get your bearings before you come and you will find it so so easy!

Theres TOP QUESTİONS on the right hand side of the forum window - here you can see some common asked Qs and answers!

I am sure you will have a lovely time in Fethiye.

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timer to turkey

Hi Maisysmum,

As Carol says check the top questions about Fethiye, if you look at " Planning your holiday, & holiday tips ",

there is the information you require as a first-timer to Turkey.

Enjoy your holiday. !

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timer to turkey

many thanks to you all for the replies.

Just another question

is the town fairly flat I have a bad knee ok with slight inclines but not with hills ,i thought that i had looked into this but since looking at the forum for the Hotel Yacht Classic it have been mention hills !!!!! and we plan to eat a couple of times at the Yacht Classic

Once agin many many thanks

uk
Level Contributor
479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timer to turkey

Hi, the ace Saray is next to the Yacht Classic so no problems getting between the two. We have been to the Yacht Classic many times and there is a gradual hill from the centre/Paspatur to the Yacht Classic, however it is not too steep but the difficulty for me is the heat, especially in July/August. The Karagozler dolmus (orange stripe) runs along the main road through the town and will stop right outside the Ece Saray or the Yacht Classic. The rest of Fethiye main area plus the promenade are flat. If you look on the EceSaray website, their main photo clearly shows the road/hill leading up to the Ece Saray, the Yacht Classic is just to the right looking at the photo, or just after the Saray if coming up the road.

To get to the old part, Paspatur, walk down the hill and when you come to the flat keep right and it is on your right hand side.

Do not miss the Mozaic Bahce restaurant in Fethiye it is superb. It is in front of the Fish Market. It is a garden setting. IMO some of the best food in the area.

Buzz Beach Bar in Olu Deniz is also amazing for views and cocktails at sunset. Same owners as Shaka. Easy to get there by dolmus. The dolmus leaves from the dolmus stop by the big mosque in Fethiye. You can look on the Olu Deniz forum for the webcams.

Enjoy your time.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timer to turkey

When you get to the Shaka go next door to the Verandah, far superior imho.

The rest of the advice given above is spot on, as always on this forum.

7. Re: first timer to turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye