We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majesty Tuana

Ipswich
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Majesty Tuana

We are going to the Majesty Tuana in August and i am rather concerned as my 16 year old who is coming with us is due to get his GCSE results whilst we are over there. Once the results are obtained we will have to relay them to the 6th form of his choice to see if he can gain entry. The results to his chosen 6th form can be sent via email however i am very concerned as it appears the WIFI is not very good there. Is this the case and what can anyone recommend we do other than making an expensive telephone call to the school concerned.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majesty Tuana

I think Email will be the best option - you will soon see where the best reception is.

Most of the problems with wi-fi here is that all the buildings are constructed from concrete with a great deal of metalwork strengthening - this has the effect of lowering the range of any wi-fi signal.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majesty Tuana

We had friends staying there last year and they came to Calis to see us and eat at the restaurants in Calis quite often and where always relieved to get their WIFI in all the restaurant free. Same in Fethiye,. you can get WIFI in most of the restaurants. So, all you have to do is move out for the day or night to use your phones, iphones, ipads etc.,

They told us you can pick up WIFI in the reception at the Tuana. We called in to pick them up one night and the reception was full of people on their phones and ipads, not a seat to be had.

Edited: 4:20 pm, March 16, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majesty Tuana

Hi Debbie J

We didn't have any problems either getting wifi in bars/restuarants for our phones for texting or checking/sending e-mails.

Just to be on the safe side as an extra measure, you could bring along an extra mobile phone with a topped up Lycamobile sim card. Keep this phone switched off until the day you may need it as they do tend to block phones that haven't been registered after a while. We took one last year and were able to use it for 11 days but sometimes they block it even sooner.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majesty Tuana

When where you at the Tuana Nil?? As our friends could not pick up WIFI anywhere apart from the reception and even then they said it was patchy and not always available. It was the one thing that bugged them. It also bugged us because as soon as we met them, in Calis they were on their phones :0(

They stayed from 15th September for two weeks..

Edited: 6:56 am, March 17, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majesty Tuana

That was rather vague of me Frances-Jane. I've not stayed, visited or noticed the Majesty Tuana whilst there.

As the OP question was specifically for this hotel, I should have made that clear and not written in haste to inform Debbie J of other ways around any wifi, problems which she may or may not experience at this hotel.

When 2 DE's have already answered a question, it's easy to assume that the OP would naturally take in what has already been written by you. If my post was unintentionally misleading then I must opologise to the OP.

My response to this post was purely to advice Debbie J to consider taking a phone which, would be cost effective for her in the case that calls, needed to be made to the schools in the UK. I understand her situation and perhaps her anxiety for contact at results time. We, were in her position a couple of years ago and not only was the phone useful but absolutely necessary.

Nil

Ipswich
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majesty Tuana

Thank you all for your comments, these were much appreciated and i will bear them all in mind. As you can appreciate this is quite an important time for my son and when i was considering booking the holiday i did not take this into consideration nor did it cross my mind but in my defense my son did not tell me not to book it for these dates.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majesty Tuana

Don't worry Debbie. The Tuana is an isolated resort, but you can hop on a Dolmus and go into Fethiye if you cannot pick up your WIFI in the reception. I am sure you will want to go to Fethiye anyway and most of the bars and restaurants have free WIFI. I would recommend the Mozaik Bahce it's always No.1 on T.A . Also, if you wish you could come to Calis Beach you would need to get a taxi, as even though Calis is only 15 minutes from the Tuana, the Dolmus only goes to Fethiye, all the bars and cafes in Calis have WIFI there is also a water taxi to Fethiye, it costs 5 lira and takes about 40 minutes and is a lovely journey.

Have a nice holiday.

Ipswich
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majesty Tuana

Thank you for that Frances Jane.

9. Re: Majesty Tuana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye