We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

colchester uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

Staying in Calis and would like to visit this lake. Is it possible on the dolmus or a coach trip?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

The trips to Daylan and the mud baths are in the same area, but I don't think tthere is a dedicated trip to the lake. However, along the prom at Calis and down the main street are lots of tour companies and I am sure if you speak to them you could find out if a trip is possible.

Fethiye Fraser will probably know if there is a dolmus or bus out there.

Edited: 3:06 am, March 06, 2013
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

If you are going for a fishing trip goggle florasquest they we arrange everything for you.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

you can get by bus ... here is the timetable ..

. http://www.batiantalyatur.net/?Bid=197682

it is then a short walk down to the lake ... hope this helps you.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

I reckon if you go to the Fethiye otogar and ask for a bus going to Koycegiz there'll probably be one departing in half an hour. Practically all buses heading west will stop there.

There are some nice lakeside restaurants there. If you're lucky with the timings, you could probably catch a boat across the lake to Dalyan and then make your way back to Fethiye from there.

Apparently there's a boat trip direct from Dalyan to Koycegiz for the market day at Koycegiz (departing Dalyan 09:30 returning from Koycegiz at 15:30??) - ask in the Dalyan forum about it.

Also boats from Koycegiz run down to Iztuzu beach, I think. If you can afford it, I'm sure one of the boatmen could take you on a private lake crossing.

Edited: 7:58 am, March 06, 2013
colchester uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

Thank you all for your help.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

Ccan you fish without arranging through agent or floras quest, can you just hire rods?

7. Re: Day trip to Koycegiz Golu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye