We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Please support both the 3Cs and Animal Aid charities by attending this event and sponsoring a 'Splasher', who will dip into the brine in front of Eyna Restaurant (was Da Vinci Rest previously?) in Caliş on 1st January - gather at 12 noon for a 1 o'clock splash. Everyone welcome and prize for fancy dress. Start collecting and pick up Sponsorship forms from Bostans Otel, Eyna Restaurant, or Nil Bar in Caliş. Hot soup for splashers offered by restaurant after.

Let's hope its not too icy and see you there for a worthy cause.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

@FF<<<It's touching that you are so concerned about Calis L.L., but please don't worry, these pictures, like the holiday you took there are off season.>>>

It was the final 2 weeks of the 'off-season', which means the place should have been almost fully up-and-running. It wasn't, far from it! But it's nice to know that a dirty, gritty beach can transform into golden sand overnight.

@FF<<<It also it did not concern the team who made the new James Bond Movie, Skyfall, who chose Calis Beach to film.>>>

I was in Calis at the time. The filming was done well away from the Calis Beach that most tourists see. Calis is a bit like Morecambe, the outward views are very impressive, but the place itself is very tired, and there are much better places within spitting distance of Fethiye.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Still work in progress...

turkishliving.com/forums/calis-beach-forum/4…

...wink!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Carol - well done girl.

Sorry did not manage over but a couple of our pals went there before coming to us - so had an early view of the photos, sadly you never appeared on any of his.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Well done everybody- would have enjoyed it myself- nice pics too.

All the best

CF

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Lancaster Lad,

You got the initials wrong of the person regarding your post,number 11, you put FF, thats Fethiye Fraser, it was FJ, wos Francis Jane who commented.

Mistaken identity, Oops

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Hi Yorkie

Hope your legs are much better now!

Those initials were a real brain twister for me too for some unknown reason. I kept seen both post on same pages with DE's on them and I went as far as assuming they were actually married LOL :D

I went as far as saying so too! Luckily I didn't offend anyone but I was redfaced and couldn't explain how I'd come to that conclusion in the first place!

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Hello Nil7,

Whats the new year going to bring for you in holiday terms, ie what is booked or are you just browsing.

Legs still giving me some jip, but at least I can lift them so our lass can hoover up around me.

Edited: 2:49 pm, January 02, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Hello Yorkie

Any improvement is good, it's a shame you have to put up with the pain though. Are you having physiotherapy?

Checking flights but haven't booked anything yet, usually just do a diy. Planning a week in Istanbul with the hubby at the end of May. Hopefully Fethiye, Oludeniz or Hisaronu for the kids summer holidays.

gloucester
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

Well done Carol - You did look a tadge cold on exit

Mick & Lorraine

20. Re: New Years Day Charity Splash in Caliş beach - 1 Jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye