We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses down to alanya

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire, england
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
buses down to alanya

does anyone please know if we can get a bus down to alanya from fethiye in dec . would be really grateful to know if this is possibleand roughly how long it takes .. i believe it might be around 6 hours or so and any idea of cost? thanks again

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses down to alanya

If you put this into the search facility there are some answers to your question. Here is a very good one from V.R.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298031-i1222-k4…

Have a nice holiday.

Edited: 7:18 am, October 21, 2012
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses down to alanya

Sorry, just realised T.A. read Alanya as Antalya. Back to the drawing board. I do know that Alanya is over 300 klm away from Fethiye. I have read somewhere on a blog that someone had to change buses. It seems like quite a long journey, Perhaps F.F. will be able to help.

Edited: 7:25 am, October 21, 2012
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses down to alanya

You'd probably need to change in Antalya. Have a look at Pamukkale Turizm for buses from Fethiye to Antalya - http://www.pamukkale.com.tr/ - and then Guney Akdeniz onwards to Alanya - http://www.guneyakdeniz.com/

Also Fethiye Seyahat from Fethiye - http://www.fethiyeseyahat.com/sefer.html - but the Pamukkale Turizm buses are more comfortable.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses down to alanya

P.S. I see that Guney Akdeniz have a direct bus, departing Fethiye 15:00, arriving Alanya 20:00, 35TL.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buses down to alanya

Blimey, that's good going.

Do Guney Akdeniz provide pax with a bedpan instead of taking a comfort stop (lol)?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buses down to alanya

I agree, LL, but that's what it says on their website. It's probably wrong because they stop at Antalya, Serik and Manavgat en route - 6 hours is more like it, I think.

yorkshire, england
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: buses down to alanya

thanks everyone for the info, have had a look at some of the sites posted as suggested but am having trouble translating the pages lol... at least i know we can get down there on the sat that we want to travel... my only concern is that will they do comfort stops or breaks and will anything be available on the bus or coaches to drink? they all look to be fairly smart buses with tv/radio panels on the backs of the seats am i right in thinking this is correct please. i ask this because the cost is very good . a couple of years ago we travelled from bodrum to altinkum and did this independantly as we had had a week in gumbet and wanted to go somewhere we had not been before in turkey,at the main bus station it was so easy to do booked the tickets and off we went plenty of stops etc for a reasonably couple of hour journey etc very impressed. soam hoping down to alanya the same .any more suggestions really appreciated .

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buses down to alanya

The buses are excellent, they have a steward who hands out drinks and snacks, and they usually stop every couple of hours for a comfort break. I took the Pamukkale Turizm bus from Fethiye to Antalya last month (3.5 hours altogether), it has a stop at a restaurant, long enough for a meal if you like.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buses down to alanya

We bused it from Ankara to Goreme [and back] a couple of years ago. The male 'trolley dolly' provided a great service, and we had a decent comfort and refreshment stop enroute.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buses down to alanya

dalyangirl - comfort stops yes - usually at least 2 between Fethiye and Antalya.

Timewise the 5 hour journey to Alanya is probably about right as the larger coaches do not have so many pick up points.

If you can get the direct coach to Alanya then that would be a bonus, but there are very few per day.

The cooperative buses such as fethiyeseyahat are the most regular but are smaller and slower, pumukkale have the bigger and faster vehicles.

İf you are travelling near to the new year - best to book a day before as they may be busy.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye