We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalaman Airport.

cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dalaman Airport.

Its been a couple of years since i have used this airport and i was shocked by the attitude of the turkish airport staff where you scan your suitcases.

For those that have never returned to Dalaman airport you have to form a queue outside the terminal and get your suitcase scanned immediately you enter thro the arrivals door.

This was new to me and quite a lot of others in the queue.

In front of me in the queue was an 80yr old man with walking stick and even older wife.

You now have lift your own suitcase about 3 to 4 feet from the floor so it can be scanned.

The old couple asked for help of turkish staff and they told him lift it yourself.

He couldnt and i couldnt cos i had had an op. so we were stuck as the people behind us were 2 old ladies.

Eventually a big strapping guy heard the commotion and stepped forwards to load at least 8 or 10 cases on to the conveyer.

Just a warning for those not able to lift to this level.

DRagging a case on at check in is do able but a straight lift onto the scanner is another thing.

I know its probably not there job but i was disgusted by there attitude towards us all.

ian

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Have decided to contact them tomorrow as I cannot take the risk and be in severe pain for the whole flight.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Dalaman Airport.

could you please tell me if they have lifts at dalaman airport as went some where different last year and i was told they dont have lifts as i dont loike using escalators

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Hi Sally,

Sorry, no lifts, just escalators.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Dalaman Airport.

I am sure that there is a lift down after immigration to the luggage hall in Arrivals.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Wow - we must be going around with our eyes half shut (probably blinded by exorbitant food and drink prices). This is from the Dalman Airport Website:

"ATM International Terminal cost in total 150.000.000 American Dollars. There are 22 escalators and 21 lifts in the 4 levels terminal building of 95.000 m2 indoors area and accordingly the connection between the levels may be performed fast and safe."

www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/terminal.php

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Never seen a lift and I would not use one, would be worried about getting stuck in it. I really don't know where the lifts are, but I bet they are a long way from the customs kiosks. Probably right down the other side of the airport. I haver never seen any signs to lifts either. Possibly they are there for disabled people. I will take a look in May.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Def' lifts - but never counted them.

Once got stuck on the escalator during a power cut.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Dalaman Airport.

As I recall the lifts I have seen are directly behind the immigration controls - as you head right to go down the escalator! Yes have a good look in May FJ and see how many you manage to count! Then you will have the info for future passsengers.

FF - you must not be a scaremonger!!

Edited: 3:08 pm, March 06, 2014
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Dalaman Airport.

Yes, the power was off on the escalators when we where there one year and we had to walk down. I don't mind the escalator not working, but it would worry me if the lift stopped working, particularly if i was in it.

Musselburgh, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Dalaman Airport.

I have been using dalaman airport every year since 1996 (back then it was the old terminal (now domestic)). The new international terminal is a huge luxury compared to the old one. They have been scanning luggage before passengers enter the terminal since 1996. Yes, it is the same at Istanbul Ataturk. This is standard at all Turkish airports. Bring your own snacks to dalaman. A small bottle of water costs 4 liras. Not bad for dalaman prices. I always laugh at the idiots paying 15 quid for mcdonalds and kfc.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye