We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

scotland
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Can anyone help with deciding which hotel to go to from the 2 above...Also can anyone reccomend any other good accomodation in either Fethiye or Calis Beach...Thanx

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

St Nicholas lodge is actually in Ovacik, about 10Km from Fethiye and a good bit above sea level.

Have a look at posts by cosycarol, she has done a few about hotels.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

What's this? But you are even better at hotels than me it seems FF!

Shell, Nicholas Groups hotels are located in Ovacik & Hisaronu; some have nice vistas of Oludeniz. Check out this link for portfolio: http://www.nicholas-hotels.com

If you go to a Nicholas hotel you can use their private beach on Olu lagoon side free, otherwise Olu Deniz works out more expensive than staying at Calis side (I think the beach is much nicer though and hotels will be more laid back than Orient !) You choose......

If you look at the top ten hotels in TA detail section, it shows you what is popular in Calis and Fethiye at the moment.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Hi

can u tell me exactly where the Nicholas Lodge is located in Ovacik? I've just stayed at the Litera Fethiye Relax formerly the Magico Bronzo in Ovacik. Is it anywhere near or is it near the Mopsque?

thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Hi Debs

The Lodge is tucked against the slope of Babadag, 3 km from Hisaronu so wont be near old magico bronze hotel. Also I mentioned Nicholas have recently sold one of their portfolio so need to check which one that is.

Sorry cant help you further as there's two mosques in Ovacik dont know which one you mean.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Hi

I had my lines crossed and what I meant to say is that Nicholas are no longer running 3 of their hotels this year but have leased them out to other hotel management operators. (I was thinking incorrectly they had sold one of their hotels, sorry.)

UK
Level Contributor
442 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Hi,

Don't know if you have made up your mind but we stayed at the St Nicholas Lodge (you can see my review which I have posted) and we loved it. The staff, food , location and sunsets are all lovely and very helpful. Yes you have to get in a taxi/dolmus to get anywhere but we knew that before we went and it was such a beautiful setting it didnt' both us. You can get a free shuttle everyday to the Blue Lagoon which takes you about 10.30 and brings you back about 4.30pm.

All in all a good hotel,good value for money and we would recommend it and stay there again for sure.

Irvine, Scotland
Level Contributor
98 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Have just returned from Nicholas Lodge (you can read my review). We had a fantastic holiday there. Yes, it is a bit out of the way, but one huge plus was it was slightly cooler up there compared with the intensity of the heat we felt when we were down in Fethiye or Hisaronu for example.

All in all we had a fantastic hotel. Lots of changes were being made when we were there and lots of different "manager" types visited insisting on changes.

Irvine, Scotland
Level Contributor
98 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

Have just returned from Nicholas Lodge (you can read my review). We had a fantastic holiday there. Yes, it is a bit out of the way, but one huge plus was it was slightly cooler up there compared with the intensity of the heat we felt when we were down in Fethiye or Hisaronu for example.

All in all we had a fantastic hotel. Lots of changes were being made when we were there and lots of different "manager" types visited insisting on changes.

9. Re: St Nicholas Lodge, Fethiye or Orient Resort, Calis Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye