We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What currency?

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
What currency?

I'm off to Greenland Hotel in early July (anyone know it?) and am finding conflicting advice as to whether to take stirling, US dollars, euros or Lira? Can anyone give me any definitive help please?!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What currency?

I assume Chester is in UK.

If Its the American one take Dollars

If it is the UK one then take about £20 of Lira over with you for each person going.

The rest in StErling

Again if you are from the UK remember to have a £10 note for each person on arrival at Dalaman to pay for your visitors visa.

Where are you getting all the conflicting advice from?

And the Greenland Hotel, is in Ovacik, in fact its about the first one as you enter Ovacik, so its a bit remote from everything.

Heres a map link to it

wikimapia.org/…20hotel

Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What currency?

Hi FethiyeFraser - yes, I am in the UK Chester. The conflicting information comes from various holiday websites and TOs as well as from ppl I speak to. Thank you for your help, I will take mostly sterling and a little lira.

When you say the Greenland is remote, I presume we can get around via public transport? I dont want to spend the whole week at the hotel, I was hoping to get out and about and see a little of that region of Turkey?

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What currency?

Hi Pennys, you cant go wrong if you take UK £££s - you can change them everywhere, restaurants, shops cafes. A lot of places will accept Turkish Lira or UK £££s or Euros in payment. Euros probably arn't worth bothering with at the mo' tho' they're not worth much. I gather that the exchange rate for Turkish Lira is a bit higher in Turkey than in the UK at the mo'. We always take some Turkish Lira but change the rest into Lira as you need it.

Food and drink at Dalaman airport is excrutiatingly expensive - we stuff ourselves silly with food at the UK airport before we fly! Also, your transfer vehicle may also stop for a comfort break - also expensive!

On the return journey back to UK you are allowed to take food & drink on the plane, so we arrange to have sandwiches made up for us to take for the journey Unless, this ruling has now changed.

I'm sure you will have a great time

Dahne-Cool

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What currency?

PS - I believe Ovacik is very nice. It is on the dolmus route, so you should be able to get around ok. If you get the dolmus to Fethiye bus station (OTOGAR) you can get more or less any where.

Dahne

Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What currency?

Thank you Dahne, I shall definitely now take stirling with me. Can't wait, only a few weeks to go now!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What currency?

Location is on this link

wikimapia.org/…greenland

it is only a few minutes stroll form the main road and local transport (dolmus)

7. Re: What currency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations