We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

This might sound stupid, however we've booked a holiday through Thomson by the name of Club Majesty Tuana and Park in Fethiye, however i've just been looking at the location on Google Maps, and there seem to be three in Fethiye of the similar name as follows:-

1.Majesty Club Tuana Park

2.Majesty Tuana Park

3.Hotel Majesty Club Tuana Park

The above are definetely seperate hotels, as the location of each is spread out along the coast line.

Does anybody have any idean which one Thomson use? I have asked them and they can't seem to answer my question....

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi there,

the hotel is located in Yaniklar, that is a bit away from Fehtiye (that is Calis beach). Though the area is gorgeous and has a small turtle beach. You will be away from the Calis crowds but also away from its facilities and Fethiye town.

Good luck!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Oh Micshell, great not long to go! And no, dont believe you have ocd - if you do your homework I always find you get more out of holiday,especially you dont waste any of the precious time abroad! Me too used to make itineraries, try to work out transport for trips,bus times etc as I just love to plan and explore. Three years ago I have met a Ukrainian lady at a turkish friend's BBQ party who worked in massage at Tuana hotel and got the impression its the staff are what makes this hotel so good. The buildings, in my opinion, appear a little bland in the way of architecture but I read mostly great reviews about this hotel and am getting so jealous about all those going now...., Have a lovely holiday

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Michell,

We are going on 16th July, so you'll be back by the time we go, i would be grateful if you could let me know what its like, and any tips/good things to do etc.,

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

VillaRhapsody, is the Tuana Park on Calis Beach - have i got that right? :)

Also, what are the beaches like in Turkey, i've seen a photo on the net of the beach at Tuana Park, and although its Private i understand, it looked horrid! It looked like pebbles/shingle, with rubbish and litter and bits of can and metal in between the pebbles.....

What is the sea water like in Turkey, is it crystal clear? I've been to Greece several times and the water is crystal clear and the beaches sandy and beautiful....

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Turkey has thousands of miles of seacoast and hundreds of miles of beaches. There are pebbly and stony beaches as well as sandy beaches. Some beaches in crowded areas may be polluted with leftovers from the previous users. Beaches close to large inhabited areas or without much access to the open sea may be polluted otherwise.

Some pebbly beaches have board walks you can use also to get you to a deeper part where you do not have to walk.

You may also prefer a hotel on a pebbly beach for other reasons and do your swimming from a boat.

But if a hotel or holiday village is lax in cleaning its beaches, you should not go there.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

It is sort of in the in the extention of Calis, towards Kargi and Yaniklar. Actually is a nice area, and you will be very close to the turtle beach.

I took this photo just a little further away from Tuana park towards Kargi:

flickr.com/photos/…

Good luck!

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi Villa, that is a lovely photo, i like the mountains in the background, however its a shame about the beeach being pebbles.....

Is Calis beach nicer?

michshell
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

No problems BorderCollieSam, will pm you when I get back with any tips/advice etc etc that I pick up when I am there. I shall also be putting a review on this site as well when I get back, so look out for that. I shall take a few photos for you, of the beach, room etc etc and send you them as well. Hope this is ok. In fact if you send me your email address, it might be easier to send the pic's if you want me to send you some. Just pm me it and I will get in touch when I get back.

Mich

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi Mich, PM'd you the other day, don't know if you got it?

Look forward to receiving the details once you've been on your holiday.

michshell
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hey, BoarderCollieSam, have just pm'd you back.

Mich

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye