We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

This might sound stupid, however we've booked a holiday through Thomson by the name of Club Majesty Tuana and Park in Fethiye, however i've just been looking at the location on Google Maps, and there seem to be three in Fethiye of the similar name as follows:-

1.Majesty Club Tuana Park

2.Majesty Tuana Park

3.Hotel Majesty Club Tuana Park

The above are definetely seperate hotels, as the location of each is spread out along the coast line.

Does anybody have any idean which one Thomson use? I have asked them and they can't seem to answer my question....

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi

I wouldn't put much store in locations on google maps, people are not always very good at sticking the pins in the right place, if you search the 3 names you've given you'll find they all come up with the same hotel - this is the official website

majesty.com.tr/tuanapark/…tuanapark.htm

I, of course can't be 100% certain but I think this is it.

Sue

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Yaniklar+Koyu&sll=36.680466,29.079781&sspn=0.008484,0.013819&ie=UTF8&ll=36.689921,29.045008&spn=0.004241,0.006909&t=h&z=17

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Sorry, that didn't work very well as a link.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

I'll try again...

maps.google.co.uk/maps…

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi Sue/David,

This is what worried me here:-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rlz=1W1HPND_en&ei=Vz4uSpSsItWZjAeM3JG_DQ&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=tuana+park+fethiye&fb=1&split=1&gl=uk&cid=0,0,10599595736293819839&ei=Wj4uSvmVBNWZjAeM3JG_DQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

It looks like they are definetely seperate hotels, possibly part of the same group but also may have different facilities/quality....

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Sorry not sure how to post that link correctly as a hyperlink....

Sue, do you live in Turkey? What is the water like at Fethiye? Is it crystal clear?

I understand the beach isn't very nice, its pebbles isn't it?

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi

As I said, I wouldn't put to much faith in the google maps link.

I do live here but a way up the coast from fethiye so can't really give you any info on the beach or the precise weather there at the moment, here its very hot!

Sue

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

I just looked at the map and the majority of the pins look to me to be in exactly the same place, one looks to me like a different hotel called Fethiye Telmessos Tatil Köyü, (Tatil Koyu means holiday village) so someone put their pin on the wrong hotel.

If you compare the google map image with the website photos seems pretty clear to me the place with the most pins is your hotel.

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Hi Sue, thank you for your reply.

I can't seem to get the links to work, however if you type in Google Maps 'tuana park fethiye', you will see it display 3 x hotels, marked A, B, C, D, and E.

B, C, and D baloons are all on top of each other, however A is further down the coast towards Fethiye....

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't know which hotel i'm going to.....

Also, just found this review which states the hotel is 7km from ~Fethiye, however all the other reviews state 17km.....

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye