We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Turkey

wales
Level Contributor
65 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Turkey

Hi

I am getting married in September and looking for our honeymoon in Turkey. Have never been to turkey before and would like some input from anyone who has been.

We are not night club people, we like a bit of culture and a quiet drink in the evenings. Some friends have mentioned Marmaris, others have said Fethiye, but would like more information on the area. Also we would prefer to go self catering as we like to eat out in as many different places as possible.

Theresa

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Hi likesalaugh,

I would suggest the Fethiye area as the better choice, you have a selection of places offering diferent things

Hisaronu- for the nights out

Olu Deniz - for the chill out and views

Calis - less chill out but good views

Ovacik - Hotel location for Hisaronu

KayaKoyu - now maybe this should be where to look first.

Loads of people have not only spent their honeymoon in the Fethiye area, but also got hitched here as well.

wales
Level Contributor
65 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Thanks for the info, will certainly have a look at the areas you told me about. Will let you know how I get on.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Hi Teresa, we went to Marmaris once, and it seemed to be a big noisy city.

I've also heard that Dalyan is nice - there are so many good places to go, its a difficult choice!

Calis is good because it is a small resort but also has loads of al-fresco beachside restaurants and bars along the prom. From Calis you can easily get the water taxi to Fethiye and catch local buses (dolmus) very cheaply to the places Fethiye Fraser recommends. Also Calis has an afternoon breeze which provides a nice cool down and a spectacular sunset every night. We stayed there in 2007 and are going back this year. September is a lovely time to go as its not quite so hot, not quite so busy and the local prices start falling towards the end of the season

Dahne-Cool

4. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye