We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming With dolphins

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimming With dolphins

Does anyone know if this is available in or around Fethiye? Whereabout? Cost? Best place to book? Quality of experience?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,555 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming With dolphins

I'm sorry but don't expect any pleasant answers to your enquiry.Nothing personal so please don't be offended but these shows are appalling.Please type dolphin shows into the search box at the top left and read all the prvious posts about this issue.

If you feel you have the right to call yourself a human being then you won't wish to go after reading them all.

My apologies,I don't wish to be rude but you NEED to know the facts about dolphin shows here and then make an informed decision.This is not a happy clappy Flipper story.

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming With dolphins

Have a look at this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k183…

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming With dolphins

I will answer this slightly diferently.

Firstly I will give the answers asked

Cost £60 each for swimmers, £20 for sightseers

Where Kas (about 2 hours away)

Do you want to swim with Dolphins purely as a holiday treat, if yes book a boat tour from Fethiye and hope that there are Dolphins or Porpoise on the day you sail, you may be lucky.

If you want the experience because yourself or a member of your family etc has Autism or some other problem then please look at this link.

blisstree.com/autismvox/…

I am also sorry for the negative answer, I know many people have visited and enjoyed the experience but many have thought them rather upsetting.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming With dolphins

The "dolphinaria" and I use that term loosely, in Kas is in a state of disrepair.

Even if they do re-open it it will still be a prison and ultimately a death sentence for any cetacea that has the misfortune of ending up there.

ALL of the belugas and most of the dolphins that have been housed there have died.

It is no larger than the average swimming pool.

If anyone cares a scrap for dolphins they would not support this barbaric enterprise. The owners care not a jot for children with disabilities - it is purely a money making business for the Russian businessmen.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
417 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming With dolphins

I must totally agree with Fethiye Fraser.

I have witnessed these swim with dolphins set ups in Spain and Bermuda.

Whilst I do believe the dolphins there were better looked after than seems to be the case in Kas it still did not make me feel anything but sad for their captivity

I have never seen a more wonderous and happy sight than meeting up with a school of dolphins on a gulet cruise out of Fethiye.

My children who are now 29, 27 and 24 but who were very young at the time still remember it with delight.

We dangled our legs off the boat and the smiling dolphins jumped over them again and again having fun.

The photos are rubbish, this is before digital cameras, lots of dolphin half in or half out the water never a complete dolphin in the frame but we do not need photos as the sight will remain with us forever.

I have never seen a captive dolphin smile but we saw those free dolphins smile and over 20 years later it still makes me smile.

Please do not pay people to capture them

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming With dolphins

I have seen photos on another website of dolphins at the Marmaris Palace hotel.I have never seen this advertised and I think its a facility for autistic children.

7. Re: Swimming With dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye