We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ovacik in October

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ovacik in October

Has anyone out there been to Ovacik in October and if so what was the weather like. Were lots of shops,clubs bars etc still open or have they started to shut down by then. Would also appreciate any info on Hotel Seyir. Thanks

Middlesex
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ovacik in October

It depends when in October you are travelling as to how busy the resort is. It closes at the end of October and is pretty quiet in the weeks leading up to it, some of the bars and restaurants close earlier than end October.

I have stayed various dates in October, the last week I thought I saw tumbleweed blowing down the main street!!?? Only joking, still a lot open but bear in mind is end of season so staff are tired and ready for winter.

Weather is variable, can rain, also can be very hot. Is cold in the evening, a lot of the bars will have open fires in big drums to keep you warm. Went first week in October last year, it rained 4 out of 7 days. Returned last week in October, we were sunbathing on the beach every day.

Probably haven't helped much, just advise you take a variety of clothing!?

coventry
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ovacik in October

Hi, Me and the wife have stayed in this village for the last 5 yrs in October various dates .The weather is usually very good but it can go cool in the evening being so high up. Most hotels put a log fire on to keep warm around the bars, I've been told that the prices have gone up quite a bit ferom last year so when I go to the hotel Seyir on the 14th Oct I'll soon find out lol . We used to eat at the Shine Indian restuarant and a set meal was ������������������5.50 each also Dippy Dollies is good food and excellent value at ������������������10 for two including a bottle of wine. We have found that the market which is quite large holds very little bargins as now we can buy just as cheap at home some copies /fakes are ok but most are crap so if your there in Oct you can get the beers in .

Steve /Chris Jones

London
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: ovacik in October

We have just returned from Turkey (3rd October) having stayed in the Seyir Hotel. What a wonderful week it was too. The hotel was very nice, clean and staff really friendly, but I do not recommend you go for the all inclusive package. The food was the same every evening (just named something different)with very limited choice. One evening we arrived for dinner at 8.15 and found they had nothing left to eat but chips and salad, they advertise dinner from 7.30-9.30. That said I would still recommend a stay there. What we lost in food we made up with drinks at the bar lol. The hotel is just down the road from the main resort of Hisaronu and is fine walking down but the walk back up the hill is a bit of a killer. Once in the town you can jump on the dolmus which will take you into Fethiye or Olu Deniz. We went down to the Blue lagoon most days which was lovely. Don't go on the pay beach as there are lots of private beaches on the other side that are better. One of them is called Billy's Beach and they will pick you up from your hotel and take you back when you are ready to go. Just ask the hotel reception to phone them and they will come and get you. It's free and they get offended if you offer them money. The beach is just like heaven and the water which has turtles swimming around in is more like a lake than the sea. I recommend the Blue Bays boat trip that was really worth the money. ��8 and you are picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken to Fethiye to get the boat. They take you to several bays throughout the day where you can swim in the crystal clear waters off the boat. Eat as much as you like lunch is included you just have to pay for your drinks. You do not have anything else to spend your money on during the day, great day out if the weather is nice. I would definitely go back to this hotel and this resort.

4. Re: ovacik in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:50 pm, February 21, 2006