We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying property in Turkey

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peacehaven, East...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buying property in Turkey

We are thinking of buying a property in Turkey and letting it out for most of the year until we move over there to live in a few years. Any advice where the best/reasonably priced/good for renting out places would be?

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
303 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying property in Turkey

We live in Calis, Fethiye and have been here for 18 months now. We have been up and down the coast from this location and have seen some nice places but we always return here happy to be home. There is a lot of good property being built in Calis which has rental potential and is good for living in too. Many places can be accessed from here and the list of things to do is growing year on year. I know that I am biased about this area, but it really is worth a look. We have over 2000 permanent British residents, quite a lot in Hisaronu and Ovacik. Calis has a lot more Turkish people because they have to live there if they work in Fethiye. Who could complain about the weather, we had 21 weeks of unbroken sunshine last year. Dalaman airport will be open to 2 direct flights a week Gatwick / Manchester this winter. We do have an estate agency ring 0090 5377 937 641 if you are interested.

2. Re: Buying property in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:13 am, October 07, 2005
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1 post
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying property in Turkey

Hi

My family and I have just gone through the process of buying a place in Fethiye. There are some pitfalls that you need to be aware of but definitely worth the plunge. Email me on dougduffin@hotmail.com for any advice

Doug

4. Re: Buying property in Turkey

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:56 pm, January 03, 2006
Hornchurch, Essex...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying property in Turkey

I have worked with Mete of the Golden Moon Estate Agency and Aytur developments for 5 years. He is the most honest person you will ever meet.

Through him I offer a wide range of his new and resale properties. He covers the Fethiye and Calais Beach areas.

We also work closely with First Choice Holidays for renting your property out, however Mete has the Golden Moon Hotel which is always full, so clients are offered the opportunity to rent their property to his guests.

Please call me on 01708 474010 (John Maltwood) or visit either www.casasbonitas.co.uk or www.goldenmoonestateagency.com

Good luck.

John

Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying property in Turkey

Hi Lucyelastic1,

the best place and the cheapest place call Koycegiz house price start under 30.000GBP PLEASE check the website

www.koycegizrealestate.net

Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying property in Turkey

you can check koycegiz estates webside too the phone number is 00905376044222

8. Re: Buying property in Turkey

Removed on: 1:56 pm, January 03, 2006
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying property in Turkey

I live in Fethiye.

Buying is out of my scope at the moment, wish I had done when I lived here 11 years ago, wouldn't have to work.

My suggestion, come out travel around, find somewhere you would like to settle and then think from there.

Beware though everyone is an estate agent now, from the shoe shine boys to waiters to hotel owners.

Find a trustworthy company and double check everything, like any developing country there are bad and good to be found.

London England
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying property in Turkey

Do get a friend there first. There are more estate agents than streets to hold their offices....

Property prices are on the rise so do take some truly independent advice.

Don't accept anyones word, they probably won't lie to you, or even know everything that you need to know, so do your own homework.

Its difficult to do it from the UK so a trusted friend is vital. Buying on large estates of villas or apartments built to suit the UK market is generally safer but your plot will be tiny, overlooked and the building will have a limited life span...

I can supply more info if required leve a post for me..

Gunay

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations