We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Hi, I'm travelling into Kayakoy from Fethiye about 21st-23rd October from otogar vicinity to meet friends who will stay at Villa Rhapsody. I havent been in Kaya for an age - is VR accessible from dolmus route? And dolmuses still running hourly from Fethiye then? When is last bus departing for Fethiye? Do all the dolmuses go past main boulevard and up towards Hisaronu then turn off? I should be able to wait opposite the Oludeniz Lokanta at stop there? Thanks for advice.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

I´m sure that VillaRhapsody can give you the better

informations.

When I was at VR in September the dolmuses ran every hour from Fethiye to Kayaköy and Gemiler Beach.

I hopped in either at the main dolmus station near the market or at the stop close to the mosque(every full hour).

Then they passed Ovacik, Hisarönü, Kayaköy and stopped for me at VR entrance(it is on the way to Gemiler Beach).

I don´t know when the last dolmus from Fethiye will run, somebody told me at about 10 pm, but this is not sure.

Enjoy your trip, I´m envious:-))

Patara01

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Bump it up

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Thanks Parata01, much appreciated. Yes, if VR comes on will answer I am sure, but already this is adequate info for me because I learned already from FF that its short talk from Kaya dolmus but Gemiler dolmus goes right to the door. I will try to get a timetable sorted when I arrive Fethiye,as will be based close to otogar, i know the route the dolmuses take up the main boulevard into Ovacik etc (I know the mosque terminal too). Why indeed you envious? You not in the area at the moment? I thought you permanently living Patara area? I will sure have a great time and may get a chance to meet with other TA members when there, that is most exciting! Hope we can also meet sometime in the future. Thanks C

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Carol

I am so amazed that you are going to so much trouble to meet up with me and my Mum. It will be so lovely to catch up after so much time. I,m so sorry that I cannot make things easier for you re meeting up, but you know my health issues.

I know that we will get something sorted :)

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Hi Carol,

no, I´m just an occasional traveller.

I´m living (and still working) in Germany. But in the last 13 years we have always spent some weeks in Turkey, almost in Patara and Dalyan area.

And this year I have been in Kayaköy for the first time, beside a former day trip to Karmylassos and I felt in love with this village and surrounding at once.

Have a nice time.

Patara01

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

All of the Hisaronu / Ovacik / Kaya dolmuses go past the Otogar and Oludeniz Lokantasi in Fethiye. Most of them continue onto Gemiler Beach during the season. Ask the driver to drop you at Villa Rhapsody which is on the Gemiler Road. (Even if the driver isn't going to Gemiler, he will probably take you as far as VR for a small tip).

Just remember that Hisaronu mainstreet is closed between 19.00 and 07.00 everynight during the holiday season. So, don't be confused if the dolmus takes a diversion around the backstreets of Hisaronu on it's way to and from Kaya.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Thats me got a nice job for October

Will try and get a note of all the Dolmus timetables and have them available for the Forum, but knowing my luck they will all change for next year..........

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

Hey thanks for all your help. It turned out to be a rather unusual holiday - 1st week I took really easy as needed a rest quite frankly, and illusion of luxury of time prevailed that week! I had best intentions of meeting at least 2 TA members. (Aslan's Mum - was due to meet Soo and her friends who were coming to VR. I was so sorry to hear there was some problem and was cancelled.) I also thought could catch FethiyeFraser whilst staying in Fethiye. 2nd week just seemed to speed up, although I did intend to view properties so did that over 2 days. Then old friend came down from Bodrum.I was in Kaya village Wednesday and visited friends at Istanbul restaurant, I never had time to get up to VR unfortunately. We did intend to swim at Gemiler but didnt pick up VR's email when there. I was so lucky - its been grand weather; I did not want to return. I was really pleased to see all the beautiful sights around Fethiye in the sunshine. Had many lazy days over at Aksazlar Koy and enjoyed a turkish bath at new Calis hamam - discovered my friend Kadir, masseur is now working there. I really enjoyed chilling at Fethiye's Aksazlar beach; people running establishment are so hospitable, the sunbeds they did not charge for - perhaps because end of season I'm not sure but nothing was too much trouble. I ran into LeicestershireTup there, what an amazing coincidence! I also had a chance to visit Oludeniz on final day of the air games, weather was amazing! Was ultra impressed with the new shopping development up at the Otogar - looked very nice. I hope can make time to see all of you next time I come over. Bye C

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

I´m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

Kayaköy ist (still) a real gem and I hope sincerely that it might stay so for longer.

What a shame that you couldn´t meet AslanMum and VR, but perhaps you will be more successful next time.

I had a lunch at Sarnic with two forumites and it was great: a romantique shady garden with a lot of big trees and flowers, peaceful and comfortable.

Perhaps we will meet on another trip to Kayaköy

Patara01

10. Re: Kayakoy Dolmuses and VR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:36 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye