We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

Hi

Myself and my wife have booked 2 weeks in the Club Letoonia hotel for mid-September this year.

I have looked extensively on the internet and there seems like there are many things to do around the area.

I very much fancy exploring the likes of Tlos, Saklikent Gorge, Letoon, Pinara, Xanthos etc, and maybe also Kayakoy.

I suspect there are organised tours we could take to see these places, but would prefer to do them on our own.

Does anyone know if there are any car rental firms in Fethiye, and also if I could cover the above sights in 1 day??

Thanks in advance

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

You can get the bus to most of those places quite easily - much less hair raising then hiring a car. The mountain roads are not for the faint hearted and are extremely slow. Petrol is also very expensive in Turkey - about 1.50 a litre (i think)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

There are a number of car hire companies in the area. There are also bicycles, scooters, motor bikes and buggies for hire. I think that Club Letoonia will be able to arrange a good rental deal for you.

If you're going to Saklikent, set off before 9.30 in the morning and you'll beat the rush of Jeep Safaris that go there. They're full of idiots that want to throw water all over the place. It's also very peaceful there after 3pm.

If you want to go horse riding round Kaya Koyu, let me know and I can arrange it for you.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

HI there

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

I have since found out that the hotel can offer car rental, which is good - I'd much prefer to drive ourselves rather than go on busses etc as far as is practical.

Would it be possible to cover Tlos, Saklikent, Xanthos, Letoon, Patara and Pinara in one day do you think? I dont expect to spend a lot of time at each place - just want to see them and tak eloads of photographs.

The other thing I am considering is having a car for 2 days, to ensure I cover the above places, and also Kayakoy and Candianda (?), as well as having a look at Olu Deniz.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks for the offer of horse riding, but I dont think its for me or my wife.

Thanks again

Dave

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

You could cover all of those sites in one day but, are you going on holiday, or taking part in an Endurance Race? What's the rush?

Yavas, yavas - Slowly, slowly. Take your time and enjoy Turkey!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire and things to do around Fethiye

No huge rush - just that don't want to take too many days away from the "all0inclusive" food and drinks at the hotel!!!

Thanks again for the info - it really is appreciated.

Dave

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye