We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fethiye to Cappadocia

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Fethiye to Cappadocia

I will be in the fethiye area and then going on to cappadocia in late may/early june.

Does anyone know the best way to get from Fethiye to Cappadocia. We were hoping to take a flight, but I can't seem to find any that go direct, I saw that there were some dalaman to kayseri flights a couple of years ago.

Any information or suggestion would be greatly appeciated.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

Why not drive - we plan to drive to Cappadocia from Kalkan and Fethiye is only 1 hour further on. I understand that it is only 8-10 hours driving - so we plan to do it over 2 days and stop overnight in Konya both ways - perhaps you could stop there or in Antalya...apparently the drive is lovely and you get to see some spectacular scenery - I understand anyway!!

Cheers!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

dear JoeRhine,

From Fethiye to Cappadocia there doesn't seem to be any direct flights. If you want to fly to Cappadocia, there will be a changeover in Istanbul. Instead take the comfortable buses to Cappadocia via Antalya, or drive as previously suggested.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

İf you have a look at some of these previous posts they might be useful...easily found by doing a search in the forums..I did by typing into the search box ''Fethiye to Cappadocia'' many answers came up..here are just a few...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1308…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297980-i4564-k850…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298031-i1222-k114…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1308…

There are only 2 options to travel either drive like everyone has suggested or take the overnight bus...if you have time to spare in your trip...I would add a few places along the way to make stop overs and for sightseeing.

Lastly you mostly likely could fly from Dalaman to Istanbul and then change over to another flight from ıstanbul to Nevsehir of Kayseri..no direct flights.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

Hi there,

there is a direct bus from fethiye, overnight but comfortable!

Cheers, it is worth the ride!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

Hi VR CanMom - are there any buses that run during the day? We were thinking maybe of flying in to Cappadocia via Istanbul, but then taking a day bus back so that we can see the scenery. I've tried looking at the Metroturizm site, but didn't get very far I am afraid! To drive there and back seems a long way - it must be 2 days there and 2 back isn't it? We are planning now for second half of April (rather than May as originally planned cos I can't get away then).

Any help received most gratefully!

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

Just to add here... If you decide to drive, you don't have to drive through the Lycian coast. The inland route between Fethiye and Antalya is 100 km shorter. Probably buses go this way as well. But even this shorter path between Fethiye-Cappadocia is 740km.

My suggestion will be parallel to the other posters here. If you have time, leisurely drive through Lycian coast, Antalya, and Konya, with lots of sightseeing and a couple of overnight stops.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

There are buses every hour between Fethiye and Antalya during the day. You could then get your Cappadocia bus from Antalya after a stopover.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

That's true KKOB - so does anybody know if there buses out of Cappadocia to Antalya during the day?

Aksaray
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

there are many buses.. it s better for you to choose bus if your luggage is not so big :)

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fethiye to Cappadocia

Attagul...I have called Metro turizm here at the Antalya otogar on your behalf...NO..they do not have day time buses..really in MY experience with the buses to the Cappadocia area I have never heard of day time buses...the best thing would be to go to the bus station and inquire with the various bus companies..Pretty sure that Nevsehir tur is also the same..only night buses..

I think the reason for this is that is such a long way ( 9 hours from Antalya ) that they prefer to travel at night..the other thing to think about is the amount of guests to fill one bus...

For instance major bus travel to big cities like Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya etc....would have a more regular bus service between these cities..

However KKOB and nkt are right the inland route of Fethiye to Antalya is faster and buses leave very often. But the coastal route is more scenic :=))

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye