We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

Hey...we are 4 mid 20's guys coming to Turkey in a couple weeks. We are spending a night and a couple days in Istanbul before flying to Dalaman airport on a Tuesday night. We plan on going to Bodrum on that Friday afternoon.

My question is....from Tuesday night until Friday afternoon - where should we stay? Fethiye or Oludeniz??? The reason we are making this stop is to see what we heard was a beautiful beach in Oludeniz....but is it best to stay there or stay in Fethiye??

I read that nightlife during the week may be better in Oludeniz. Anyone know if this is true?

Finally....we've heard a lot about these blue cruises....is it possible to take one from Fethiye or Oludeniz into Bodrum?? Maybe a 1 or 2 night cruise?

Any advice is very much appreciated! We have already planned much of our trip based on what the trip advisor members have advised. Thank You!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

I suggest you stay in Olu Deniz - cos that is where the beautiful lagoon is! The accommodation and bars and restaurants etc are along the beach front. If the nightlife there is too quiet for you, you can jump on a dolmus (small minibus) and go up the hill to Hisaronu which certainly is lively. As you are young guys, you also might like to try the paragliding off the mountains behind over the bay and land on the beach in Olu Deniz, or jeep safaris which are meant to be great fun. You can visit lovely KayaKoyu (abandoned old Greek village in a beautiful valley) that is also just down the road, or indeed take the dolmus to Fethiye and have a look around there. Fethiye is a nice Turkish town (less of a resort than Olu Deniz) and you could take a boat trip from here and find out about a blue cruise to Bodrum - but I very much doubt that you would manage to arrange that, and besides it would take more than 1 to 2 nights - unless you were able to "hitch a lift" on a boat heading back that way - in which case try the gulets in the marina rather than the day boats along the water front.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
83 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

Evening EJR3,

I think Olu would be the best place for you to stay, it is really chilled and great during the day with paragliding and relaxing, at evening it is more chilling in cool bars. Hisaronu is a more lively place where to be honest I would head for a night out checking out the dolly birds, although Olu probably offers a slightly better sort of dolly :-)

All in all a good place to go. I was both here and in Bodrum in June. I really liked Bodrum, it was a sophisticated mix of good food and a great night life. Some excellent bars and clubs, indeed possibly too many clubs as some where not busy enough.

It is about 3 hours from Fethiye to Bodrum by car, probably a longer by bus.

Have fun.........

Lee

Birmingham England
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

My main concern is that visitors from Britain behave and improve our image abroad.

Dave

4. Re: Stay in Fethiye or Oludeniz before going to Bodrum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye