We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hampshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hello

We have booked to go out to Turkey (Fethiye) for two weeks in October - does anybody know what either of these hotels are like. We have booked a week at each - as we are meeting up with family members out there. Does anybody know if they are near each other - tried to find a map of hotels but with no such luck.

Do you need injections for Turkey???? Also I have read that Turkey can be a real terrorist target - is this area safe??

We would be grateful for any info. Thanks!!!

darlington
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hi I am thinking about going to this hotel in sept 2009 Lykia Botanika with two girls any good food bedrooms enterinament etc

Many thanks

Hampshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hi

The Lykia Botanika is a small hotel with access to its own beach. It is situated down a lane and is a bit out of the way - but there are dolmus buses running every 10 - 20 mins. So accessible to visit Fethiye etc. I think it probably has limited facilities. The hotel is pretty much next door to Majesty Tuana Hotel. The Tuana Hotel is a much larger hotel with lots of facilities like childrens clubs (depending on ages), archery, shooting, mini zoo etc. The food here is typically turkish but nice and lots of choice. The bedrooms have been refurbished and are nice too. We have visited Tuana three times now - twice in October and once in April. Depending when you go - if it is end of season there will be limited facilities available.

If you would like anymore info just let me know.

worthing
5 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hi.

Yes i went to the Lykia Bontanika last year and you dont have to travel far as they are next to each other.The Majesty is the much bigger and more modern and the Bontanika is very dated.We realy did not like the Botanika and would not go again.

This is not an English resort mainly Russian but that may appeal to some.

Bad points were the food was awful,the entertainment realy awful.Rooms old fashioned.I could go on and on.

Good points.Nice pool and good weather.

I am realy sorry because this is probaly what you did not want to hear but has to be the worst place i have ever stayed.

The Majesty looks a lot better but never went in to have look.

Both places are a long way from Fethiye and takes a good half hour by Bus.

You will not need any injections but make sure you take plenty of Mossy Repelents!!!

Hisarano and Fethiye are realy nice to go out for shopping and nights out.

I wish i could have reported something better but everyone i spoke to said the same thing.Sorry!

Mark...

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

Hi Webbers, I would try looking them up also on holidaysuncovered for more details.

I do think some folk are overly fussy, but then some folk are used to splashing out on 5* hotels.

We've never bothered with injections - we are just careful - hot cooked food is the safest, ensure ice-cubes are made from bottled water, and that your food is not left keeping warm for too long. We always use bottled water for cleaning teeth, although they say the tap water is ok, but is usually very highly chlorinated so could give you a tummy ache. We take antibacterial hand-gel & our own loo rolls. You have to put the loo waste in bins provided - Turkish plumbing cannot cope with No. 2s! But - you soon get used to it.

The local pharmacies are excellent - they can sell you prescription drugs over the counter if you are ill, but as long as hygiene in the hotel is good, cross fingers you should be ok.

Check out swimming pool cleanliness - ear infections are fairly common, you can buy ear swim-plugs in Boots in UK.& pharmacies will give you antibiotics.

We have always felt safe in Turkey - its got a bit of trouble in the North East but that is so far away.

Sorry if this sounds all a bit doom & gloomy, and I really hope your hotel is ok, but the people are fabulous, very friendly & helpful usually and I'm sure you will have a marvellous time.

Here's hoping! Good luck

Dahne-Cool

25. Re: Lykia Botanika Fun Club and Majesty Tuana Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye