We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

scotland
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

A brief account of 2 bad experiences with this company - one given to me and another given to my friend Raymond. Both of us booked transfers via Travel Republic.

I landed at Dalaman on September 12 , went to desk 10 and got checked off and told to wait at coach. I and 2 others waited an hour and 10 minutes , because Koral had a party coming in from Manchester with Monarch. That hacked me right off but nothing I could do. Return on October 3 went without a hitch.

My friend Raymond who is 78 had booked a car but was put on a shuttle and he too had a wait of an hour on landing. Returning home on September 22 , Raymond was picked up in Ovacik by Koral in a car. Driver said not a word to him until they got to Fethiye Otogar. Driver took off Raymond's luggage and told him to wait beside a big coach and then drove off. Coach driver came over and pointed at luggage load panels and Raymond put his own luggage into space by himself and sat on caoch.15 minutes later other people got on , and then a conductor came on board and started taking 12 lira from each person. Raymond showed his Koral transfer receipt and conductor said ' no good , you pay 12 lira , this is offical coach to Dalaman'. So Raymond paid 12 lira and headed off without a further hitch.

My previous experiences with Koral have been unpleasant , mostly with drivers blatantly asking for tips. Recent Travel Republic transfers were with Mavisel and they were great , so I will in future book direct with Mavisel or any other good transfer agency. I guess with TR you get whovever TR have a current deal with.

Koral Transfer behaved badly with Raymond on his return trip , that was totally unprofessional.

The long waits , I guess Raymond and I will put down to experience but they should have given him a car both ways as that was what he had paid for.

Just a heads up if anyone gets Koral at Desk 10 when booking through Travel Republic.

Despite the unpleasant Koral Transfer expereince , we had a brilliant holiday in Ovacik at Monta Verde Hotel .

4 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

Boxtin - I have put a complaint into travel republic re Koral. I had a good speedy transfer to the Monta Verde on the 25th Sept, however; when they collected me from the hotel Weds 4th Oct it was in a coach. It was already 3 parts full and still did another 4-5 pick ups. In arrival at Dalaman I opened the side luggage holds as the driver didnt get off the bus.

Not good and am waiting fo tr reply.

scotland
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

DCM - I have yet to complain to TR , will try to do that this weekend or in reply to survey email TR sent to me today. Will let you know how I get on with the complaint.

Totally out of order to take your money and to give you inappropriate cheaper transfer. They must have done same to others besides yourself , Raymond and myself.

scotland
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

Complaint processed by TR with Koral, who have apologised and offered a refund of 50% for the trouble experienced on the outward journey.

TR have been good all the way with comms and I guess Koral will be making sure none of this happens next time. Hope DCM gets a good result too.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary

Not heard back, but emailes again earlier

Reply to: Koral Travel Transfers - Be Wary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye