We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch

Monarch gone bust😤 no holiday 😤

10 replies to this topic
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch

Sorry about your holiday Hogmail, there was a problem last September with the airline when we were in Calis beach, we were not sure of getting home, but the problem got sorted.

Monarch airlines I have flown with many times to Europe & the Caribbean, always good flights, a major airline lost.

Anyone who has booked with a debit card will have problems, where has using a credit card you are o/k, thing is the credit cards have the charge on normally 2.5%, which the charge is to finish next year.

But fair due to Monarch is they stopped charging a percentage on credit cards this year, but with the troubles with the terrorist threat in Egypt & Tunisia, & with customers not sure of the Turkey situation, Monarch have not got the bookings, so they have tried to get more flights into Europe, but there is a monopoly of airlines plying for custom, such has Tui / Thomson, Thomas Cook, Easy Jet, Ryanair etc, so Monarch have found it hard to get the custom, they hoped that not charging for using a credit card would get them more customers, but this has not happened.

The Cival Aviation Authority will be sorting things out.

But a sad day for customers, the airline staff & creditors.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch

CAA not sorting anything out if you are not on holiday yet. Paid by debit card. Not covered and not by insurance. Friends were at the airport 4 am this morning and were given a letter telling them no flights go home....not happy!!!

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch

I was able to claim back my money for flights when I used my debit card a few years ago when company went bust, mine was with Barclays and its called chargeback.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch

Travel republic out money into our account this afternoon.. Result😁

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
699 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch

Hi Heather, that's awful, thought you had booked reserve flights to go to Dalyan on Thursday with TC at a cost of £40 each yesterday 'just in case' Monarch went bust??? Did that booking go t!t$ up following the demise of Monarch?? Feel so sorry for everybody affected. We fly out to the Canaries tomorrow for 4 weeks with Ryanair, thankfully our flights are OK 😃 hope you all get sorted. We were stung when XL went bust in 2008 and were stranded in Fuerteventura. All sorted, return flights refunded by CC, however, new flights cost double to get home 3 days later!!! Hope everyone gets sorted.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch

Gill got all sorted thank you.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch

Thats a good result Hogmail from TR 👍

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch

Hi Dcm never used travel republic before found them really good. Got email to tell us they would be refunding our money.... We didn't even need to ask😬 would definitely use them again. Just hope Thomas Cook don't go on strike now.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch

When tc went on strike recently I believe they covered all their flights, but I know what you mean.

Have used travel republic for a good few years.

Have a g8 holiday

manchester
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch

Thank you Dcm and thank you for all your help

Reply to: Monarch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations