We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalaman Airport Prices

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
319 reviews
Save Topic
Dalaman Airport Prices

My son returned from Turkey last Tuesday 13th June 2017, flying back from Dalaman airport.

His flight with Thomas Cook delayed by 3 hours, so he & a mate decided to have a beer, when my son went for 2 beers, he was charged 90 Turkish lira in total, be it he was getting 4.50 T/lira to £ sterling, this meant each beer worked out at £10, what a total rip off.

After being in the airport for some time, the airline representative announced each passenger would be given refreshments, where has they got a sandwich & a can of fanta orange each.

70 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

Sad to say that ever since the new terminal was built it has been the same there - total rip off.

A lot of people who use the airport now get their favourite restaurant at the resort where they have stayed, to do a pack up which they take with them.

Leicester
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

It does Turkey no good to rip people off, it will be the last thing they remember about their holiday and I am sure it will put some off from returning. All airports are expensive, at least the ones I have been to! - But when it gets to the level of being ripped off it becomes offensive. Dalaman is inviting the governing bodies to rein them in. I for one will do what I can to avoid buying anything there because I would not want to leave with ill feelings of the place.

Are the prices shown? - Or could it be staff are doing the ripping off not the airport!

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

Never buy anything there, everyone who visits the area around Dalaman knows the Airport is a rip off.

We have cards from our Bank to get into the CIP Lounge and usually just go to the Duty free and then off to the Lounge.

Dalaman Lounge is the worst one we have every used, however, once in you get all the cold food and drink (no alcohol) you want and the chairs are comfy. It is not worth paying to get in, unless you have a delay in your flight.

If you have a card, best to use it.

Local Cafes in Resorts will make up sandwiches for you to take to the Airport.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

Has Frances Jane says, best to take sandwiches to Dalaman airport, but the tourist is at the mercy of the airport prices when you require a drink.

When the investors put the money into the Dalaman new upgrade, they wanted their money back in 9 years, hence why prices are so high.

With airline delays, people need to get at least a drink in the airport, be it the airlines are not very forthcoming with offering passengers a quick fix on any delays, like I said my son & his mate like other passengers on their delayed flight were given a sandwich & a drink after so long.

We just come back from another countries airport, £2.50 pence in sterling for a can of fanta orange, called in B & M store last week, got 8 cans of fanta orange for £2.50 pence.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

Lot of airport a rip off. Sharm was 7 pound for slice of pizza

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

The old Dalaman airport was also a rip-off - when a beer in resort cost 50p it was a fiver at the bar - 2 burgers no cheese and 1 small fries was £13 back at n 2001 and now the beer is 3 x as much but you do get a small bag of nuts free!!

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

The best thing about the old terminal was being able to haggle the duty free prices!!

All airports around the world are expensive. When i flew back to dalaman from Stansted back in May i had a burger king meal & didnt get much change from a £10 note. Its not right but unfortunately businesses see the opportunity and take full advantage of it.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

We found it was cheaper to buy red wine from duty free than a bottle of water. Crazy. We get food in dalyan but still have to buy water

Leicester
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

See

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Lossiemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dalaman Airport Prices

We are just back back from Dallaman airport and was going to be charged £6 for a can of coke 300ml and £4 for a bottle of water

Reply to: Dalaman Airport Prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye