We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

tayside
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

Hello i am going to Izmir on the 7th feb for 10 days any good hotels cheap and clean seems like most are closed ! would love some help folks

Mentioned in this post
Izmir
Izmir
Izmir Province, Turkey
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

Hi Scottishlady: I love Izmir becaue my great grandmother was born there. The family visits here each summer. I want to recommend the Antik Han hotel, a small hotel in a restored house near the Agora. You can check them out and get pricing for Februrary at this site http://www.nisanyan.net/otl_view.asp?id=135, other hotels our family liked were Anemon, more recently Crowne Plaza. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Mentioned in this post
Izmir
Izmir
Izmir Province, Turkey
Anemon Izmir Hotel
Anemon Izmir Hotel
162 Reviews
Izmir, Turkey
london
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

I was interested in Lemonlady's mention of the antik han. I am interested in this hotel and was thinking of staying there in January. I also found this otel through the Small Hotels of Turkey website. However, someone has just posted a very bad customer review, it's all in Turkish I'm afraid but it complains for dirty rooms, cigarette ends under the bed, cracks in the walls and rude staff.

However, this could all to easily be from someonen with an axe to grind and I would be intersted in hearing from anyone who has stayed in this hotel in the last few months

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

Hi Guys: I had no idea that this hotel had been badly reviewed otherwise I would have never recommended it. Some my adult kids stayed there this summer and liked it very well. I will read the review in Turkish and see how bad it really is. The other choices mentioned in my original post should be checked out as well. Happy New Year, LemonLady

london
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

as mentioned, it could be someone with an axe to grind, and that the hotel is ok.

tayside
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

Thanks for the hotels lemon lady ive had a look on the web all look nice not sure which one i will go for still undecided i often just pick one on the day but names are very usefull for the first night i just cant wait ive looked on the web the place is huge !!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

Hi All and Scottish Lady, thank you. Hotels change managements and staff and frequently a hotel that was heaven can turn into the hotel from hell. But you have a great deal of choice here and I am sure that you will enjoy your trip. Happy New Year and Happy Travel, LemonLady

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
41 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

I have not stayed at Antik since I am an Izmirite, but I think that Izmir needs such boutique hotels as Antik. I like the atmosphere there, it is very close to the basar-area ( Kemeralti). So why not first come to Antik, try it for one night and if you like it you continue to stay there.

Otherwise, in Cankaya-Basmane area you can find tourist hotels with reasonable prices.

Welcome to Izmir, which has mainly been a transit point. It is nice that you will honour this lovely, modern city for a relatively long time.

Sinan Tortum

Mentioned in this post
Izmir
Izmir
Izmir Province, Turkey
8. Re: cheap good hotel in izmir for feb ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 20, 2009