We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

Hi,

I will be landing at Izmir airport at 08:05 in the morning from Istanbul, so i goes that i will use the domestic terminal?

I have e-maid the hotel twice, but have not got any respond according to the transfer.

What will the best way be? With the train to Selcuk and then dolmus or taxi or to book a seat on a shuttle bus from e.g. transfers4u.com?

Btw we are 4 persons and we will arrive july 5th.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

ZmajBH, If you are using Atlas Jet or Onur Air for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir, they provide free shuttle bus between Izmir Airport and Kusadasi for each of their arriving flights. Otherwise local train to Selcuk and dolmush (taxi) to Kusadasi or a transfer company like you suggested would be a good alternative.

enigma...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

i Will be arriving with turkish Airlines. A transfer Company seems to be expensive? How much would a taxi cost from selçuk to my hotel? I think thar there is 7 km. Thanks

Edited: 12:56 pm, March 13, 2012
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

It is much more than 7 km's. Here is more detailed info on the cheapest transport alternative: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297972-i1664-k422…". A taxi to Kusadasi from Selcuk would cost about 25 Euros and the ride would take 30 minutes.

enigma...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

On the website it says that there is 5 km to Selcuk, and 7 km to Kusadasi, so it's beetween the two cities.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

look at a2b transfers, the shuttle bus will cost you about 18 euros return.per person The journey will take about 1 hr maximum and you will be one of the first drop offs.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

There might be a dolmus service that runs past the Surmeli Efes from Selcuk. I've heard of people taking a dolmus from outside the hotel to Ephesus. Here's the hotel on the map - wikimapia.org/…b - it's only 11km from Selcuk, so a taxi won't be too expensive.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

As Surmeli Efes is not in Kusadasi (seems to be on the way, though), will the Atlas/Onur Air shuttle bus drop off at the hotel? Or will it drop you off at Kusadasi and you have to Dolmus to Surmeli Efes?

Thanks!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

Airport shuttle does not have individual hoıtel services. So you go to the nearest spot to Sürmeli Efes and get a taxi or to Kusadasi and get a dolmush.

enigma...

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

Thanks, Enigma!

Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from Izmir Airport to Sürmeli Efes Kusadasi?

Hi

In my opinion taxi is better for you, because easy and not much expensive for 4 person, from Izmir airport to your hotel just 50 euros.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Izmir
Recent Conversations