We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats it like

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
united kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
whats it like

were going to izmir june 30 can anyone tell me anything about this place , weather,shopping anything

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats it like

check www.turkeytravelplanner.com for a wealth of info on Turkey. I have only passed through Izmir in July 2003/2004 and didn't exactly stay there. I went to the seaside town of Cesme both times. I recommend it.

new york city
Level Contributor
106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats it like

izmir in june, hot hot hot around 35 celcius.

shopping lots, it is a huge city, enjoy.

side trip to ephesus.

bon voyage

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: whats it like

in june 30 izmir will be probably hot.in some of the hotels mentioned inthe list there are swimming pools.if you stay in crowne plaza there is also a spa.clothes are very cheap in izmir.you can find so many:)

and you can rent a car and go ephesus(virgin mary) or go cesme for wonderful beaches..

england
Level Contributor
591 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats it like

izmir is definatly hot in the summer for the beach go to cesme not kusdasi.

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whats it like

Izmir is HOT. Shop for carpets, gold jewelry, clothes. Visit the Museum.....no lines, incredible treasures, amazing marble sculptures, the Treasury Room full of gold coins and jewels from excavations, much more. It's worth 3 hours. The bazaar, Kameralti, is smaller than Istanbul, and fun to explore with your camera. The site of ancient Smyrna is in Bayrakli. But get out of town to Cesme peninsula for the cool air and the beautiful Aegean Sea.

How long are you there? I went for 4-6 weeks and stayed a whole year, 7 months in Cesme-Dalyankkoy. Do you dive? Look for dolphinland in Cesme.

Ms. Mermaid

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats it like

is there a beach in izmir / is it walkable?

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: whats it like

Izmir is on a great bay...........no beach. Everyone goes to Cesme for the beach. Izmir is walkable.

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats it like

If anyone is still interested in what Izmir is like we've been here for 10 months and feel like we know it well. Post questions here and I'll see them.

Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats it like

Hi IzmirCanuck

I'm assuming you are a Canadian in Turkey. I'm from Ontario, just south of Toronto and will be in Izmir next April as a port stop on our cruise.

Several of our passengers are going into Ephesus with a tour guide for the day. We are actually only in port from 9 - 3 pm. So my question is, what does Izmir have for cruise passengers to do for a day.

Could you give me some must do and must sees and if there is a bazaar or pedestrian shopping area like Istanbul?

What we are trying to decide is if we should just stay in Izmir for the day or do as our friends and take a tour into Ephesus. I'm not sure that I want to travel the one and a half hours into Ephesus and back out to the ship with only a short port day.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Tara

Tehran
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: whats it like

HI , i'll be in izmir for just one day , do you know the best malls or shopping centers? i need their names to find them as fast as i can . Tanx :)

Get answers to your questions about Izmir