We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

calgary
2 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

Hi everyone,

I am attending an academic conference in Izmir on April 11-13 and will likely stay a few extra days. I am a student (older than most, in my 50's), and the conference is being held at the Crown Plaza. I can not afford to stay there, but would like to find something reasonable nearby, possibly within walking distance.

I saw the Kocaman Hotel come up with a deep discount in a few searches, anyone aware of it? My prime concern is basic clean and safe accomodation.

thanks

back to school in calgary

Mentioned in this post
Kocaman Hotel
Kocaman Hotel
12 Reviews
Izmir, Turkey
calgary
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

Ok, so far this is not good. I am about to travel nearly half-way aroundthe world, am on a limited budget and looking for a little help. Anybody out there?

2. Re: Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:46 pm, February 28, 2007
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

Hi: yes, we're here. Anyway I have two suggestions. Do the conference organizers offer any other hotel choices than the Crowne Plaza? Certainly there are other attendees who need a less expensive hotel option. Also would you be willing to share a room, maybe you can be matched with someone and stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Secondly, check out the Princess Hotel, in the same area as the Crowne Plaza and rooms start at 95USD, you can contact them and see if they have any special rates. As it is not yet high season you might be able to get a better deal.

Hope this is helpful, LemonLady

4. Re: Inexpensive hotels near Crown Plaza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Izmir