We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thermal pools and mud baths

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
thermal pools and mud baths

Hi folks,

My husband and I are going to Cesme in late May for the first part of our (delayed) honeymoon. I have other questions that will come, but am currently wondering for up to date info on the thermal pools and mud baths on the peninsula around Sifne. I have pasted an old post here...is it still accurate? Also, a friend's old travel book mentioned Dogal Sifa Merkezi (website now disabled), Pasa Limani/Vekamp, and Yildiz Peninsula...can anyone elaborate or clarify the options in the area with specifics? We will be arriving after a very long flight, and hope for some serious R&R :) Thanks!

"They are each worth a visit if you are in the area. The Termal Hotel (day ticket 15TL) has several outdoor and indoor thermal pools - right by the edge of the sea if you want to experience some cooler water!

The Mud Baths (entrance 20TL for the thermal pool and mud) hava a small thermal pool and a help-youself-mud experience! Just let it dry (and crack!) in the sun, shower it off then relax again in the pool. Lovely!

Various massage treatments at extra cost, and drinks and refreshments, of course, are available at both centres.

Şifne is just beyond Ilıca on the coastal road to Ildırı. Turn left off the main road and to the end of the village for the hotel. Continue past this turning for the mud baths which are then a short distance on the right, just set back a little from the road."

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thermal pools and mud baths

These info is still up-to-date although I'm not sure about the prices if they are still the same.

Last fall they where building a new thermal hotel/bath in the center of Ilica, I don't know how far they are now as we are back in Cesme again mid April

Good luck

Ben

www.bougainvillacesme.nl

http://www.facebook.com/bougainvillacesme

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thermal pools and mud baths

Thanks Ben! If you think of it, I'd appreciate an update after you get back in April, as we are going in May!

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thermal pools and mud baths

anybody has an update on this? I'm going in 2 weeks and would be nice to have this info.

4. Re: thermal pools and mud baths

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2014