We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

I fly to Izmir but want to travel to the island of Skiathos. Is there a ferry from Cesme to Skiathos? If so is it a long trip and how much does it cost. Any information would be appreciated

Cesme Castle
Ancient Ruins, Architectural Buildings
Delikli Koyu
Beaches, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

I think you'd be better off flying from Izmir to Athens and then getting up to Agios Konstantinos for the ferry from there to Skiathos, rather than trying to island hop across the Aegean from Chios (where the ferry from Cesme goes), in fact I doubt if it's possible to make ferry connections to Skiathos from Chios without going to the Greek mainland first - http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/routes-map.htm

Edited: 4:05 am, June 13, 2011
Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

Ok that is very useful Thank you

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

Yes, davidm1 is quite correct in confirming there would be no connections to Skiathos from Chios.

Friends and family have also found this site useful when planning ferry journeys around Greek Islands: paleologos.forth-crs.gr/english/npgres.exe…

Edited: 3:32 pm, June 14, 2011
4. Re: Izmir to Skiathos, Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cesme