We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single - safety in Cesme

Which Cesme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single - safety in Cesme

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am planning a 2 week holiday to Cesme at the end of July for 2 weeks. I am single, and am hoping for some advice on places that would be suitable for a single lady to go alone in the evening. Is it acceptable to go to a bar or a club alone? Should I expect attention if I am alone?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single - safety in Cesme

We have lived in the Çeşme area for over 13 years now so I can speak with some authority concerning the situation here. It's as far away as you could imagine from the 18-30's holiday resort (thankfully) and I cannot think of any restaurant or bar in the town centre which would be unsuitable for you to visit.

You may, of course, attract some attention from men, as you would in any other country, but as I am sure your attitude and dress would reflect a lack of interest, I really don't think you need to worry. Nor do you need to have concerns about walking around during the day or evening.

There are a number of high quality night clubs out of town where, as in similar clubs all over the world, single men I am sure will be on the look out for 'the girls'.

Please don't worry. Çeşme is a laid-back, respectable resort where I have no doubt you will feel safe and comfortable at all times. Just enjoy your stay in our lovely town.

My partner, Elaine, has read this reply and agrees totally with my comments!

David

Edited: 12:36 pm, June 19, 2010
Berkshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Single - safety in Cesme

David

thank you for your response! It really has put my mind at rest. I will book my holiday, relax and enjoy my stay in your lovely town and country.

Tesekkur ederim

:-)

3. Re: Single - safety in Cesme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cesme