We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Sports

Which Cesme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sky Sports

Hello,

Me and my family are going to Cesme in September and having checked my sports teams fixtures see i am going to miss a number of Football and Rugby matches whilst i am in Turkey.

Can anyone tell me if there are any pubs or bars in Cesme that show live sports? I know i sound obsessive, but it it play off time for the Rugby whilst i am there and my team are doing well this year.

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,555 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Sports

Peh!What sort of a sports fan are you ha?Taking your holidays when they clash with the fixtures!LOL!

Turkey is football mad so you will find bars showing the matches easily.If there is a particular rugby match you want to see just ask a friendly barman and he'll set the channels for you I'm sure.Rugby isn't a greatly watched sport here but they do know it and also known that many Brits enjoy it.Stop sweating :-)

Cheshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Sports

Thanks Sarikanarya,

I know i have let my teams down by not being here to support them!

Is there a particular Football or Rugby showing bar in Cesme that comes highly recommended?

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,555 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Sports

Send a PM(private message)to the Çeşme DE;Dande.He has lived there for many years so will know all the best bars to go.He'll also be able to give you plenty of other helpful idea's to make the most of your holiday there too.

Aldershot
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sky Sports

I am sorry but I am also a massive sports fan who has been to Cesme for the last three years. The best bar in Cesme is the no problem bar but it is nearly impossible to see english sport as none of the bars will pay the subscription. The only football you will see is turkish games or champions league games. I would be amazed if you found any bar showing rugby. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong as I am also going out on August 26 for two weeks and although I love Cesme I hate not being able to watch sport.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sky Sports

Hi Craig. I was told yesterday that Flamingo Bar (opposite the side of No Problem Bar) is due to install Sky - it's a very expensive option here, despite it's obvious attraction for visiting sports fans!

I'll check it out!

Cheshire
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sky Sports

Did you check if the Flamingo Bar have Sky sports I to would like to watch Rugby (St Helens)

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sky Sports

Hello again Craig. Sorry I haven't got back to you.

I'm afraid I've drawn a blank. The rumour about Flamingo Bar installing Sky Sport hasn't come to anything. Also when speaking to a friend earlier today (who knows someone living here who's a Rugby fan), I was told there isn't anywhere yet with Sky in town.

Sorry to bring you such disappointing news.

Cheshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sky Sports

Hello Guys,

Thanks all for your research and responses,

Are there any Internet Cafe's that i can try and keep up to date with the scores from close to the Piril Hotel?

Thanks Again.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sky Sports

Hello Craig. The Pırıl Hotel does have an "Internet Corner", for which they charge and also Wireless Internet connection in the Lobby & Lobby Bar.

There are also a number of Internet Cafes in the town, about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.

10. Re: Sky Sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cesme