We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Which Cesme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Dear All,

We are going to turkey on the 13/05 until 23/05, we ( couple and a 7 months baby ) will stay 3 nights in Istanbul and 7 nights at the Grand Ontur in Cesme,we have few questions:

Is the flight the only option from Istanbul to Cesme?

How can we go from Izmir Airport to our hotel in Cesme, Ive checked with the hotel, they quoted my the price of 140 EUR return for a transfer, I want to know if there is a cheaper option.

We also would like to know what are the things to be done in Cesme, and how will the weather be during this period especially in cesme between 16 and 23 May 09.and also if our hotel is good enough as there are not much reviews.

please let us know of anything interesting ( restaurants, city tours, shows ) in Cesme and how can we get information about the ferry to Chios which we would like to visit as well.

Many Thanks

Othmane

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Dear Othmane,

The flight is the easiest and fastest option: Istanbul-Izmir flight is about 50-60 minutes, and Izmir airport to Cesme is about 40-45 minutes by car. You can also take a bus from Istanbul to Cesme but it takes about 9 hours !!

In the summer there are shuttles from Izmir airport to Cesme, but it mostly serves to locals (I mean Turkish holidayers). Last year the taxi was around 120-140 Liras one way, so that makes about 140 Euro for a return trip. Therefore I think you're quoted correctly.

Cesme is a very nice holiday spot and there are lots of things to do there. A couple of weeks ago we were talking on many things to do there on this forum, so if you search the Cesme forums you can find lots of useful info. For example, check this one out: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2490…

There are several ferry companies between Cesme and Chios, and they have daily departures in May. You can easily find them at the port or in some travel agencies in Cesme town.

Have fun.

Burak

london
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Dear Burak,

Many thanks for your useful reply, can you please if the weather in May is good. and if you know any tour agencies in Cesme.

Thanks

Othmane

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Othmane,

in May the weather in Cesme is very nice, it's not too hot, beautiful sunshine with lots of sunbathing or swimming. It might be a little bit cooler at night because Cesme is windy, and in some areas of Cesme peninsula the sea is always cold (even in the winter) because it's an open sea.

I suppose you're asking travel agencies for Chios ferries, here are a couple of them but you can also find others at Cesme town or at the port. Like I said, the ferries usually leave in the morning and return in the late afternoon, bothways. The trip takes about 35-45 minutes. I've used both of these ferries, they're OK.

Atlas Pine & Sun: +90 232 7120383 and 7128568

Erturk: +90 232 7126768

Burak

london
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Dear Burak,

Thanks a lot for the information, what can you suggest in term of flights, I was thinking of booking our flight LON/IST/LON and then take the domestic flights IST/IZM/IST with a local airline, is Pegasus Airline a safe option?

Thanks

Othmane

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Pegasus is flying from Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul, which is on the Asian side so it's far from where you're landing (Ataturk airport). But their sister company is IZAIR and they have code share flights, so you have to fly with Izair. Yes, both of them are good airlines.

You can also find Atlasjet and Onur air flights from Istanbul to Izmir, they have also competitive prices.

There is, of course, Turkish Airlines too, but they're on the expensive side unless you can get a deal (it depends on the day of the week).

In short words, any domestic airline is fine. Just check their rates and schedule to find yourself a suitable flight.

Burak

london
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Oh That's great.

thanks a million Burak, what do you think about the Grand Ontur Hotel?

Othmane

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Grand Ontur is located at Dalyan, an area famous for its fish restaurants. It's a local 5 star hotel, but it's not a Hilton or Sheraton of course, but still good standarts. I've never stayed in the hotel so I can't comment on their rooms, but they have a very good restaurant and a bar by the sea side. The sea is very clean for swimming.

Burak

london
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

Really Thank you Burak for your replies,

9. Re: 3 Nights in Istanbul and 7 Nights in Cesme ( Grand Ontur )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cesme