We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

liverpool (UK)
2 posts
Save Topic
Help

Hi all

my friend and i are going to Altinkum for the first time on the 22nd may 2006. i have a few questions

1) i am staying in the garden of sun (its new an i cant find any reviews on it) its about 1 mile away from main centre, has anyone stayed, what is it like?

2) Is it still lively (i.e nightlife bar's etc) at that time of the year? how busy is it during the day?

3)Do you have to haggle for everything? if so do you have any tips?

4)whats the weather like that time of year?

if anyone has any advice on anything i would be very greatful.

thankyou guys, xxx

wales
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

hi charie,

go to absolutelyaltinkum site, its full of info,

i dont know of the garden of sun, but altinkum is great, a bit quiet in may, its great fun haggling, weather will be nice in may not too hot but enough for you to take home a tan.

have a lovely time,

neesan

fethiye
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Hi my friend i just can tell u go to Fethiye is the best place for holliday i m living there and i would like to help u if u need any other question.Visit my home page w w w tuliphouseinvestments . c o m

Bromsgrove, Worcs.
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

Weather will be great, its very close to 3rd beach (our duplex is a 2 min walk from this brand new hotel, only opened this year)

Will take you about 10 mins to walk into Altinkum were you will finds lots of bars, few nightclubs and resturants)

Have a look at this will show you the hotel in detail:

www.goldtrail.co.uk/php/PropertiesGrid1.php…

Have a great time, we are over there from the 13-29 May

liverpool (UK)
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

Thanks guy's for your help i cant wait to go :) it my first time to turkey but im sure it wont be the last, cheers x

uk
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Hi,

We are also going to the Garden of Sun on 21/22 May, we've been to Turkey a few times and I am sure you'l like it. With regards to haggling never pay the first price they tell you as the seller will allways drop the price.

Hope you have a great holiday and see you there.

x

WORKSOP AND DISTRICK
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

hi there you will love it we all do go every year may is hot hot hot all pubs and night clubs are open and yes it is just getting bizy try the meducer night club its open air . sorry dont know enything about where your stopping .as for haggleing would recomend it sa you will be taken for a ride for a bargin go on the dolmish to the saturday market at didim you wont be disapointed just remember to haggle p.s. you get the dolmish from dolphin square .we will just be getting back as you get there so hope you have a good time hope this will help you lisa x

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help

Hi there, you will love your time there in May. We have been many times in May and we are there again on 14th May the weather is fantastic, not to hot that you burn, just right. Take a jacket out in the evening as it can get chilly after sundown as you will be strolling along the prom after a lovley meal out and a few drinks. The bars and resturarants are all open and the locals are even more eager to please (although they do this all year round) as you practically the first load of tourists they see. Haggling is part of the fun. If you desparatley want something stick at a price you are wiliing to pay and they soon agree with you. If you are not happy with there price walk away and they will soon come running after you for a sale, it's fun . Hassle from resturants owners/waiters to get you to eat with them can be a bit a bind but a simple 'no thankyou' or we use ' just eaten we will come back tommorow' helps. I am sure you will be back year after year.

Altinkum
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help

Hiya - Garden of Sun is opening next week - our company has been ınstalling all the windows and doors there. İts an absolutely stunning hotel with a massive pool and will have lots going on there.

Weather has been good for the past week - roughly in the 90's and its starting to get livelier in the bars. Try Dolphin Bar if you want really lively!

Hagle down the main market definitely but it the market in Mavisehir should be open by the time you get here and its well worth the dolmus trip as it caters specifically to the turkish residents in the area and is a lot cheaper than the main one in Yenisar. İts open every night.

Wishing you a fab holiday ;-)

Manchester
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help

dont know much about the hotel sorry but i can answer your others questions, the place is fairly lively there are clubs and stuff from what i hear yet i havent bin there for a few years now, but the weather is normally heating up about this time i think it should be hot anuff for when u go, so you can get a good tan!There are some haggles but there are haggles all over theses days it is best to just smile and say no thank you and there are people who try to get you to eat in there restaurant aswel they stand outside asking you to come in the best thing is just to say you have already ate or that you might come back later that is if you dont want to eat there lol, you should have a good time ano i did when i went enjoy it b4 it goes into the euro lol bye

wales
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Help

My Family and i have booked to go to Garden of Sun on the 26th July, i have tried to get into the web link that SylviaP gave but it is not bringing anything uo, does anyone know why or an alternative address so that i can see the hotel in detail.

Also anyone going to this hotel in May can you please let me know what it was like, it would be much apreciated.

Thanksx

Joanne M

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations