We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

antep travelmate

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
antep travelmate

i will be in atep for two weeks, anyone wanna join me in atep to visit around

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: antep travelmate

hello, nobody joined me at all. i really liked antep. this is my first time in antep., and i would like to give some tips.. i am staying at yunus hotel right now, it is one of the recommended hotels in the old city close to the casttle at wikitravl. the rates arei low but it needs some renovation, yet i see lots of young foreign tourists staying at this small hotel. I liked the breakfeast and the friendly staff. if you come by air you can take havas bus leaving in front of domestic terminal and tell the driver to stop at yesilsu (a cafe with a garden next to the ogretmenevi). you can sit at ogretmenevi (teachers hotel) garden to eat and drink tea at noon and at night. Dont forget to visit old hans and bazaars around the casttle. you can buy various handcrafts and rugs etc. I bought very nice tespihs from old copper market. locals are mostly friendly and you can walk around without hassle. however, dont forget to respect local culture. dont hesitate to eat at small restaurants where the locals go. try menencit coffe at historical cafes down the casttle. Metanet et restaurant is in the middleof local bazaes. Rick steine from BBC visited this small restaurant for his show, this famous restaurant would not be a good choice for summer but winter. i will point out new updates after i visit other sights around Antep.

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: antep travelmate

kuafor osman is a hairdresser under the main stadium in Antep. I got my beard shaved in this small and old barber shop. the owner mr Osman is very nice guy doing his job as an art. He is so professional and also talkative like the traditional barbers in the region. dont hesitate to drop in his place which is on the way to the archeological museum. he would serve you tea even if you dont want to have haircut.

kose kebap, is a nice kebap restaurant on the kepkep sokak in the sehitkamil town close to the ibis hotel and main stadium. they offer nice kebaps served with garniments. there are other nice kebap restaurnts close by such as kosk kebap sarayi next to kose kebap. I had nice cow liver in both restaurants. Antep is food paradise dont miss it....

i wil update my experiences...

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: antep travelmate

in antep pls watch out when getting on and getting off the minibuses. because they dont care whether you finish your move or not. this would be a case for most part of turkey, yet in antep they rush when they have to...

other than this there is a public bus going to antep zoo. i found an image of timetable od that bus passing through ataturk bulvari in the old town from another forum. the guy that posted this image is a local living in antep. thank to his excellent job, i did that route. the zoo is one of the biggest in turkey and europe in terms of area. the enteance fee is 3tl and it closes at 17 pm during winter season.

imageshack.us/photo/…

4. Re: antep travelmate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gaziantep