We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

We are staying one night in Pamukkale to see the travertines and then are catching a flight at 7:15pm from the Denizli airport back to Istanbul. I understand the airport is actually located east of the city a ways. How long will it take to get there from Pamukkale and what is the best way to get there. Are there airport shuttles from Pamukkale? Or should we take a cab? or a train? Time is a factor as we only have the morning/afternoon of our flight to actually see the sights of Pamukkale. We are arriving by train late the night before.

Mentioned in this post
Denizli
Denizli
Denizli Province, Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Take the bus or a taxi into Denizli from where there is a dedicated airport shuttle bus out to the airport.The bus or taxi driver will know where to drop you for this.The cost is 10TL per person.A taxi all that way would be very expensive.

I'm sorry this is in Turkish but you can see the bus departs the city for the airport at 17.00-

ismailbaytur.com/index.php/…servis-saatleri

Mentioned in this post
Denizli
Denizli
Denizli Province, Turkey
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

I am trying to get the same information, as we will be flying out of Denizli on a Sunday at 8:45AM. We are staying one night at the Melrose Hotel, and they have assured me they can arrange this once we are there. It is just a comfort to know that this will be the case, and no surprises, as we will be arriving from Selcuk some time the day prior. I did see a company offering direct transfer for 50 Euros, I assume this is the "expensive" option?? Would you recommend the taxi/bus and shuttle combo for us as well??

Also, do you have any idea of cost and time, and route for easiest travel from Selcuk to Pamukkale. I was considering trying to find a tour to Aphrodisias on the way, but with our short time frame, I think it best to go direct and enjoy what we can in Pamukkale and Hieroplis.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Denizli
Denizli
Denizli Province, Turkey
Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Take A Hermosa Tour Turkey Shuddel Bus 20 Tl From Denizli Airport To Pamukkle www Hermosatourturkey.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Thanks for the suggestion. I contacted Hermosa, and they quoted 30Tl per person for shuttle or 100Tl for transfer for the 2 of us.

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Try this site http://www.pamukkaletaksi.com/?sayfa=main

Edited: 5:15 am, April 26, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it is in Turkish.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

since your hotel and the airport is over 1 hr away 30 liras pp for shuttle or 100 liras for private would seem about right

map

http://goo.gl/maps/wkzbW

I would agree with Sari and the website she provided

ismailbaytur.com/index.php/…servis-saatleri

there is a 06.15 shuttle ( leaving from Denizli ) which would get you to the airport after 7am maybe 730 and that would be plenty of time for your 845 flight..I am sure that they organize this transfer in accordance to the departure flights from Cardak aiport

also have a read here

www.tours4turkey.com/Denizli_Pamukkale.html

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6116…

Mentioned in this post
Denizli
Denizli
Denizli Province, Turkey
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

Thanks again for all the detailed information. I have arranged the private transfer with Hermosa Travel, as I think that it will be much nicer to be picked up and dropped off at airport, especially at that early hour.

I did look at tours4turkey, and actually enquired about a tour from Selcuk to Pamukkale, with a stop at Aphrodisias, but thought that would be too ambitious for one day, given our early departure from Pamukkale the next day.

At 100Tl for the direct transfer, as you say, I think this is good value and not that much more than the 2 of us with the shuttle.

We also had Hermosa arrange a bus from Selcuk the day prior and then pick up at bus in Denizli for an afternoon tour of Pamukkale and Heiropolis. If this all goes well, we will feel more confident regarding the early morning transfer the following day.

I originally made the arrangements to stay in Pamukkale, to avoid the long drive back and forth with the day tours from Selcuk. I now wish I had allowed more time to visit Aphrodisias, but I suppose that will have to be for another trip! I've learned, you will never see everything.

Mentioned in this post
Denizli
Denizli
Denizli Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

hi L-JCanada,

glad you got it all worked out :=) enjoy your holidays in turkey :=)

10. Re: Best way to bet from Pamukkale to the Denizli airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 29, 2014