We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

We'll be in Cappadocia around Oct 10 for 4 days. We want to balloon ride, mountain bike, hike, and generally see the sights. Which is a better base -- Urgup or Goreme? How do they differ? We're pretty active people like but like wander around towns too and food is IMPORTANT to us!

south africa
Level Contributor
114 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

Hi there, Goreme is smaller than Urgup and feels more like a village, it has plenty of decent restaurants and places to stay, it is also within walking distance of a lot of the valleys and the open air museum. Urgup on the other hand is more of a town, it is not as beautiful as Goreme, the public transport from there is better but its not as easy to walk to some of the valleys. It doesn't matter where you stay for the hot air balloons as the balloon companies come and collect you from your hotels. I cant imagine staying anywhere other than Goreme, I love everything about this unique beautiful village.

enjoy your time in cappadoccia

catz

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,314 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

Did you see this thread: Stay is Goreme or Urgup?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297980-i4564-k381…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't seen the other post. It's Goreme for us based on responses to this post and the other one you referenced.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

Right choice - in my opinion!!

5. Re: Goreme or Urgup in mid-October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, February 01, 2011