We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Tampa
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Hello Folks - does anyone know how to get a bus schedule from Goreme Otogar/Capadoccia (bus depot) to Denzili (Pamakkale). Lonely planet says there are evening buses from Goreme that arrive in Denzili - an 11 hour ride but I cannot seem to find a schedule. I would like to let the hotel in Pamakkale know what time I am arriving in Pamakkale from Goreme.

Thank you.

Mark Simo

Marksimo@earthlink.net

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
539 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

There are several overnight buses leaving Göreme between 7 and 8.30 pm. You'll get to Pamukkale very early in the morning, 6-7.30 am and half a day is more than enough for it, so you don't need to stay overnight there but can take a bus to your next destination (most probably Kusadasi/Selcuk or Antalya).

Tampa
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Thank you Miasmith for your helpful response. I am also going to the Hierapolis in addition to the Travertines so I thought this would require a full day and it would make sense to stay overnight at a hotel before going to Selcuk the next day. Am using Selcuk as a hub to visit Ephesus and Kusadasi.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

No bad thing to stay over night,you can use the second day to visit Aphrodisias before going on to Selçuk.

Nevşehirliler Seyahat have a bus from Göreme at 19.30 arriving Denizli at 06.00,cost 50TL

Süha Turizm have 2 buses,one at 19.30 and one at 20.30 arriving 07.00 and 08.00 respectively,coast again 50TL.

You can then take the local municipal bus from the otogar up to Pamukkale.These run every 20 minutes and take 25 minutes.

Your hotel would be able to arrange a day tour to Aphrodisias for you if you wanted to go there.It is lovely,a beautiful setting and like Ephesus without the crowds :))

Tampa
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Thank you Sarikanarya for the suggestions. Very much appreciated. Hope I can be as helpful to you one day!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Matk, don't put your email address on an open forum. it's not necessary as your questions will be answered on the open forum, and you leave yourself open to all sorts of spammers.

Tampa
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

Thanks for the tip!

7. Re: Bus schedule from Goreme/Capaddocia to Denzili (Pamakkale)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2015