We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Konya to goreme

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from Konya to goreme

hi.

what is the best way to travel from Konya to goreme? i will be traveling by myself. Should i catch a flight or get on a bus?

also how can i book a bus from canada, if at all?

thanks.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

No flights just buses.They run regularly throughout the day with several bus companies so there is no need to book just turn up at the otogar and ask for the next bus leaving for Göreme.The journey takes c.4 hours.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

thanks a lot! Can you recommend a bus company?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

Metro Turizm have frequent buses as do Süha Turizm,Yeşil Aksaray Turizm,Huzur Turizm and Aksaray Birlik.Between them there are buses every hour but be aware the last bus seems to be at 17.00 from Konya.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

thanks a lot! you've been a great help. :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

would you recomend taking a bus to get to Konya from Antalya too?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

Yes,why not?Again there are several companies covering this route both daytime and night time.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

Not too bad a journey at all from Konya to Antalya and quite scenic. Unless if course you travel at night!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

thanks. i just wasnt sure if there was a btter way to travel from Antalya to Konya.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

We went from Goreme to Konya by bus in June, then from Konya to Antalya also by bus.

The first trip was fine, the second leg was good for views BUT it lasted a whole day and as it was a very hot day it got to be a bit tedious.

However the busses are very good and have aircon, refreshments are handed out periodically, and it's an interesting way to see more of Turkey.

Having said that, I piked at the idea of bussing from Izmir to Istanbul and we flew instead!

We booked ahead but I don't think we really needed to.

10. Re: how to get from Konya to goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 10, 2014