We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

Hi - Have been reading great reviews for this hotel and have got a good price for room 11 which is a regular cave room. Would we be better with a stone room or arch room which would have a/c in July and forgoe the experience of the cave room? Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

Tuck, I have stayed at cave room at this hotel and my friends at a stone room. Frankly the stone rooms were bigger and more airy but probably more expensive also. Next time I go there I will pick a stone room. My trip was in November, however the caves are much cooler than outside at summer time.

enigma...

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

Thick walls keep the heat out - no need for AC, even in summer!

Previous posts on this topic - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums?ff=4564&geo=297980&scope=2&q=AC+in+cave+rooms&sub-search.x=15&sub-search.y=11&returnTo=__2F__

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

We stayed at their sister hotel Sultan Cave Suites in August and I don't think you should forgo the experience of a cave room. The rooms were nicely ventilated and quite cool.

Aberdeen Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

As the owner of a cave house and have stayed at the Kelebek I can say that the cave rooms are much cooler during the day than a normal room.. Also you dont go to Goreme to stay in a traditional room, You need to stay in a cave room or a fairy chimney.

5. Re: Kelebek hotel -are the cave rooms unbearably hot mid July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014