We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

My wife and I are Muslims who will be in Goreme for 1 1/2 days in late august.We are looking for Muslim owned restaurants that do not sell or serve alcohol,wine or pork and are stictly "halaal".

Thanks!!!

Goreme, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

Hello Ayubvahed,

Apart from alcohol, all the food you will get in Turkey will be "halaal". You can't find pork and the animals are slaughtered in Islamic ways.

I'm from Goreme and as far as I know, all the restaurants in Goreme serve alcohol. However, the bigger towns like Avanos, Nevsehir and Urgup have a few nice restaurants with no alcohol. All these places are only 10 minutes drive from Goreme and there are public buses as well.

Some of the ones that I can suggest are "Dayinin Yeri" in Avanos, "Sukurogullari Restaraunt" in Urgup and "Di Monza" in Nevsehir Forum Shopping Mall. Actually, almost all the restaurants in Nevsehir city center are alcohol-free.

Enjoy your vacation

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

Dear Mr Mustafa Turgut

Thank you for your response.We will be hiring a car from kayseri airport and staying at the goreme inn hotel.Since we will have a car and theses places are about 10 minutes away from goreme, i don't think it will be a problem getting to these restaurants.

Just as a matter of interest, from your name it sounds as if you are also a muslim? Also,if you don't mind me aasking, are you you the same Mustafa Turgut of Butterfly Balloons?

Once again thank you for you response.

Nevsehir, Turkey
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

Hello again Ayubvahed,

Yes, i'm a muslim, too (though drink champagne every morning after the balloon flight!) and i'm the Mustafa from Butterfly Balloons. I guess because of signing from facebook and email addresses seperately, TA couldn't merge my accounts.

All the best, Mustafa

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

Hi Mustafa

Thanks for the help with the restaurant names...I hope to visit a few when I'm there.Also hope to meet you on my visit there.

Edited: 6:49 pm, July 17, 2012
5. Re: muslim owned restaurants in goreme(no alcohol sold/served)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2013