We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks around Goreme area

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Walks around Goreme area

What is the consensus for the best areas to walk/hike around Goreme? I have heard of the following valleys: White, Honey, Rose, Pieon, Swords, Red, and Love. Opinions? We will have 1 day set aside for walking the area.

Urgup, Turkey
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks around Goreme area

You could start from Pigeon Valley and see "Uchisar" at the end of the trail [about 4.5 km] , take a bus down to Goreme (or walk back) to hike through the "Red Valley" [depends which path you choose - from 4 km to 6 km] all the way to "Cavusin Village" from there go around the "Red Valley" to "Pasabag" where you can see the fairy chimneys.

PS. Go to "Pasabag" if you don't have a region tour. Most tours include that place. From Cavusin you can take a path to Pasabag and it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes.

Cheers

Edited: 4:51 am, May 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks around Goreme area

Even after two visits I struggled to know or remember which valley I was in someimes but around Cavusin is definitely spectacular, as is Pasabag and Rose/ Red valleys.

The hotels usually offer maps and would help you choose a route suited to your ability/ time.

You can also join guided walking tours.

3. Re: Walks around Goreme area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 01, 2012