We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balloon Turca

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Balloon Turca

Has anyone else had a bad experience with this company? I was booked on a balloon flight with Balloon Turca of Göreme by my hotel. I can't really evaluate the flight itself because the ground staff were so rude to me it spoiled my whole day. It's a very long story, but basically it started with a misunderstanding about the price; I mistakenly believed I was getting a discount. I remained calm, but two guys on the crew yelled at me. I'm a senior citizen, and it was a humiliating experience. Afterwards I complained to my hotel, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it.

Edited: 8:36 pm, November 20, 2010
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,165 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balloon Turca

Hi gullibletraveler,

Thanks for your candid evalution of Balloon Turca. We definitely made a note of your complaint. However we will also appreciate a trip report of your visit to Turkey, including details about hotels, restaurants, attractions and your impressions.

enigma...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balloon Turca

This is an amendment to my post of 20 November.

I have received from Balloon Turca an offer of compensation for the problems I encountered, and I want to say that the company owner/representative was very concerned and willing to accommodate me.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balloon Turca

Thank you for coming back to the forum to update us with the outcome to your complaint with this company.I am happy to hear they have offered you some compensation (and hopefully a full apology and explantion for what happened!).

As I have frequently said on the forum even the very best of businesses can have an off day or a problem for numerous reasons but what is most important is how they handle and resolve these issues and with what alacrity.

I hope when you look back on the day you can put aside the ugliness of what happened and remember the glorious views you saw.This should be your lasting memory and in time the other will hopefully fade.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balloon Turca

What good news! It's great that you let the forum know what happened after you got home. What did you think of Cappadocia, e.g., what else did you do? What did you see?

5. Re: Balloon Turca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 30, 2011