We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Part II Cappadocia/Goreme

NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Part II Cappadocia/Goreme

We took an overnight bus from Istanbul to Goreme. We flew over standby so in case we didn't make it and in order to save time I didn't want to book tickets, but if you have the money and time I would fly. The bus was fine and it worked just makes you tired. But we still got there the next morning at 8:30 and then did an all day tour until 6:30, so we still rocked it out. We did the History & Adventure Tour and it was great. Fully covered everything in Goreme and the surrounding area all in one day! The next day we did the hot air balloon ride with Kapadokya Balloons, who are the BEST! I'll post about them on their site! We then just hung out, drank some beers and ate some kebaps in the city's center. We ate at Dibek which was great. We did the town's Hamam for 35 liras. Remember this is really just a turkish bath...they soap you up, scrub you, rinse you and send you on your way; nothing too special even though my husband loved it, I wanted to giggle the whole time! We flew back to IST and headed on our way. If you're there an extra day rent a scooter or bike, we would have idf we were there longer!

Mentioned in this post
Goreme
Goreme
Cappadocia, Turkey
Kapadokya Balloons
Kapadokya Balloons
1,699 Reviews
Goreme, Turkey
Dibek
Dibek
721 Reviews
Goreme, Turkey
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
Blue Eye Travel
Balloon Rides, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
FEY Cappadocia Balloon Tour
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Balloon Rides, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours
Old Town Travel
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Balloon Rides, Private Tours, Day Trips
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Part II Cappadocia/Goreme

Hi, glad you had a great trip!

Just wanted to say thanks for your report, it looks very lonely and unappreciated here with no replies, but that's just because we all read your other longer report!

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Part II Cappadocia/Goreme

Hi, I really enjoyed reading both of your trip reports. It sounds as though you had a fabulous time...although how you fit it all in is beyond me! I'd need a month to recover!

3. Re: Trip Report - Part II Cappadocia/Goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 11, 2009