We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for cappadocia's trip

strasbourg
10 posts
Save Topic
Help for cappadocia's trip

Hello,

I am organising a trip to cappadocia for me and my girlfriend. We are two students (23yo) so we have a limited budget.

We decided to rend a car in Izmir for a week and we want to make a stop in Pammukale (denizli) and then come to cappadoce via Ayfon. Then Anakara and road back to Izmir via eskisehir (friends there). Car renting was the best solution to be independant for a reasonnable price.

I read many many comments and information and I am a bit lost.

- Which is the best place to stay , Göreme , Uchisar , Nevsehir, Urgup ? What are the difference ?

- do anyone have good and cheap hotels or pensions there ?

- how many days/nights should we stay to have a good experience in the region ? I was thinking about 2 full days or 3.

- What are the must to see ? Which open air museun ? which underground cities ? which valleys ? Uchisar castle ? what else ?

- Do you have any plan for the hot ballon tour ? I saw 160€ / person, did some of you pay cheaper ?

Thanks for your help !

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

primarosa's opinions about the best stuff to see, not staying in Nevaschir, the underground cities not being that interesting are all right on! Those are my exact opinions. Can't comment on the hotel or bus service though. We had a car, like you, which will be wonderful, since there are many beautiful places within short driving distances of each other. Having a car will make 3 days work for you if you can get oriented, find your way and not waste time. Overall, you can't get too lost before you realize it :) Post me back if you want any more info I may offer.

12. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 pm, June 28, 2008
cyprus
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

TO:PRİMAROSA....

When ı joın green tour with rose tour ı enjoy very much.the ambiance was perfect and what they promise us they do ın tour program.Also we pay 50.00 turkısh liras I think it ıs less than you can spend by your self ıf you can go alone.Also the tour is regular tour for budget in cheap rates (not private tour)so no more talking only one word...to visite cappadocia rose tour ıs the friendship and perfect one ın my mind...Please thank you for help us ın our journey in cappadocia.hıghly recomended....

Brazil
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

hello,

i`m from Brazil and i am going to cappadocia on July 30. i`m going there on honeymoon and i will spend 4 days there. i wanna know if they speak English there or i`ll have trouble to communicate.

should i buy a tour for all the days or should i rent a car and visit everything by myself?

thanks and sorry about my English

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

We were in Goreme in May 08 and had a lovely time. We got there and found the hotel hosts very helpful in suggesting what tours to take. There is no need to book tours beforehand. I think you might find you miss the local knowledge input if you choose to drive. English was widely spoken.

We absolutely loved Goreme and would stay there again, especially at the Kelebek.

Cheers

Hajijohn

16. Re: Help for cappadocia's trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:39 am, October 20, 2009