We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goreme to Istanbul

Dublin
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Goreme to Istanbul

Hi,

i was wondering whether there is any bus or train from goreme to istanbul? How can I book it and how long is the journey time?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

A night bus from Cappadocia to Istanbul is the cheapest way to go, but it's a long ride—730 km ( about 12 hours).

The most efficient way is to ask your hotel to help you reserve your seat.

You can take a bus to Ankara and then transfer to the train if you wish...I would prefer to just take the overnight bus..unless you want to spend some time in Ankara..visiting the attractions such as the citadel, Museum of Anatolian Civilisations, Anitkabir (Atatürk Mausoleum) and Roman ruins.

info about trains...

turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/…index.html

http://www.seat61.com/Turkey2.htm

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…gar.html

or flying is your best and quickest option...

I posted this yesterday about cheap flights from ankara..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k1262…

interesting new news :=)))

Anadolujet offers affordable flights to all

Turkish Airlines (THY) Chairman Candan Karlıtekin has said the newly launched Anadolujet project aims to serve customers in all income brackets with airfare as low as YTL 29 for flights to 20 destinations from Ankara.

Anadolujet. He said flights would start by April 23.

Ankara everyday to; İzmir, Bodrum, Dalaman, Antalya, Adana, Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Gaziantep, Malatya, Adıyaman, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, Diyarbakır, Erzincan, Batman, Muş, Van, Erzurum, Kars & Trabzon.

Your AnadoluJet award tickets can be obtained through www.anadolujet.com or at Turkish Airlines Sales Offices. The AnadoluJet award tickets combined with Turkish Airlines flights can be booked at www.thy.com. Please remember, the companion tickets can only be issued at Turkish Airlines Sales Offices.

http://www.anadolujet.com/aj-EN/index.aspx

thy.com/en-INT/…aj.aspx

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

Ashley, Goreme is part of Cappadocia. You transfer from Goreme to Nevehir/ Kayseri to get bus or plane to Istanbul and we've already answered that under your Cappadocia to Istanbul post.

Dublin
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

I saw a schedule under this website

www.seat61.com/Turkey2.htm#Eastern%20Turkey

about sleeper train from kayseri to istanbul.

There's a timetable titled 'Eastern Turkey ► Istanbul'. I couldn't fully understand d timetable, one train departs from kayseri at 23.13, reach ankara at 6.40, then reach istanbul at 15.45, does that means that it pass through ankara to istanbul?

or is there a better way to go from kayseri to istanbul?

we don't plan 2 take flight, a night bus or train would be our first choice.

Bucharest
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

There's plenty of buses to Istanbul and other destinations, direct from Goreme. You can buy the tickets at the 5-6 booths (different companies) in the main square. I don't recall how long the journey is, something like 9-10 hours (buses run at night). You don't have to transfer to Nevsehir, even though that's easy too. Getting in/out of Goreme is really easy.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

Great advice

6. Re: Goreme to Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 27, 2009