We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Goreme

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Goreme

I'm trying to decide between two hotels in Goreme. I've read the glowing reviews about Kelebek Pension, which had been where I thought I would stay, but then I came across the Paradise Cave Hotel and Pension. Has anyone stayed there? I'm a single girl who may end up traveling alone - is one hotel better for this situation than the other?

Any advice is appreciated!

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
178 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Goreme

Hi katertott! I can't comment on anything other than the Local Cave House in Goreme!

Price was right, comfort and service great! Very handy

to walk to the town and also to Goreme Open Air Museum, if you like a longer walk.

We arrived on overnight bus, were picked up, we then booked hot air balloon, night show and tours - really

good price and service. Others were caught by greedy

tour operators out of the area but we were very very

pleased with what we achieved.

Hope this helps,

Shona

Singapore
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Goreme

Paradise i seen poor review from traveller, i was there Feb 2008 single travller. I stay shoe string cave pansion, nice place cheap too, all rooms with bath attach. Pansion staff will pick you up from Goreme otogar if you call them from the information center next to the bus station

Gold Canyon, Arizona
Level Contributor
188 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Goreme

Hi Katertott: I just returned from five days at the Kelebek in Goreme. I booked the entire trip through Rock Valley Travel in Urgup. By email to their website I booked flight to/from Istanbul, three full day tours, airport to Kelebek Penion transfers, and four nights in a single room at Kelebek. Planning was perfect--all went without at hitch! The single cave pension room was spacious with a great view, tho the bath with shower is very compact. They do have a hair dryer. Heating system is wonderful (room was toasty warm in the winter)! Breakfast (inside due to winter) was very fresh and varied and included coffee, juices, tea. Small reception room has flat screen TV for evening viewing (my room did not have TV--but I thought that a plus!). You'll love the Kelebek and you'll love Goreme. Cappadocia is like nowhere else in the world! I'll do a major review of my trip soon on TA. Enjoy! Rick (constant-cruiser), Gold Canyon, Arizona, USA

San Diego...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Goreme

I can't comment on the hotels you listed but my wife and I stayed in Goreme in February. We stayed at Kismet Cave House. You will find them #1 on this site for hotels in Goreme and #2 in all of Cappadocia (as of writing this post). We are traveling Europe for 1 year and after 6 months so far this was the most enjoyable place we've stayed at anywhere in europe. Faruk, the owner, is a genuinely good person. We want to go back again just to visit Faruk.

Feel free to read out blog about our experience there:

www.karieandscott.com/blog/cappadocia-turkey/

Scott Kaufmann

www.karieandscott.com/blog

5. Re: Hotels in Goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 24, 2009